Barf alert!
I mean, really.
Priest and rabbi will preach to each other's congregations in ColleyvilleIn a pulpit exchange, a priest and a rabbi will preach to each other’s congregations in ColleyvilleBy TERRY LEE GOODRICHtgoodrich@star-telegram.com<SCRIPT language=Javascript> function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "http://media.star-telegram.com/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); } </SCRIPT>Related Content
tart: /pubsys/production/story/assets/image_embedded.comp
[Image: 506-fs_exchange_01-10-2009_Tarrant_0BR1A...ate.58.jpg]
[-]
  •
I only see 2 rabbis in this story.....or is it just me[Image: wink.gif]
There's a radio show out of New York that's on every Sunday morning with a priest and a rabbi, I sometimes scan it as I'm coming back from Mass. It's the most lame, watered-down thing you've ever seen.
The rabbi on that show is actually more conservative then the priest!
Is he going to do this during Mass?

1983 Code

Can. 767 §1. Among the forms of preaching, the homily, which is part of the liturgy itself and is reserved to a priest or deacon, is preeminent; in the homily the mysteries of faith and the norms of Christian life are to be explained from the sacred text during the course of the liturgical year.

Quote: Is he going to do this during Mass?

I can hear the priest now-

"Code of Canon what? Didn't Vatican II get rid of that?"

I live near here.  It is a very white bread wealthy area.  I wonder if I should get some trad friends and go to this. 

Suggestions?
edomuret Wrote:Suggestions?
Raising hand:  "I have a question, Father....um....which of you is the priest again?"

Religious liberty--c'mon, it's the spirit of Vatican II, isn't it?  If the Church of Jesus Christ only subsists in the Catholic Church, why the h-e double hockey sticks shouldn't the Rabbi preach at the Mass...afterall, the Rabbi will have elements of the Truth in his speach, won't he?
Just a blending toward One World Religion warned in Our ApostolicMandate.........oops thats right, V2 threw that out, in favor of our "elder brothers in the faith"...faith of Christ of course its not.......