Barf alert!
keep an eye on the collection plate and the candle cash boxs
Quote:keep an eye on the collection plate and the candle cash boxs

Ooh, shocking.  A Jewish money joke. 

This is just embarrassing.  I think I'm done here.

(one last thought: it's boxEs)

reginacaelorum Wrote:(one last thought: it's boxEs)

Boxen. "Boxes" is modernist.
edomuret Wrote:I live near here.  It is a very white bread wealthy area.  I wonder if I should get some trad friends and go to this. 

Suggestions?

Well, first and foremost, go. And if there is a Q and A, oh, how delicious that would be.
LaRoza Wrote:
reginacaelorum Wrote:(one last thought: it's boxEs)

Boxen. "Boxes" is modernist.

Wrong. Boxen is plural for more than one Boxer. And anyone with more than one Boxer has his hands full.
QuisUtDeus Wrote:Is he going to do this during Mass?

1983 Code

Can. 767 §1. Among the forms of preaching, the homily, which is part of the liturgy itself and is reserved to a priest or deacon, is preeminent; in the homily the mysteries of faith and the norms of Christian life are to be explained from the sacred text during the course of the liturgical year.

Perhaps the priest and rabbi believe, as in the old kosher hot dog commercial, they are answering to a HIGHER LAW. Smile

remnant Wrote:Wrong. Boxen is plural for more than one Boxer. And anyone with more than one Boxer has his hands full.

Wrong. Boxen is plural for box. ("Plural for more than one..." doesn't make sense): http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/boxen
"reginacaelorum" Wrote:Ooh, shocking. A Jewish money joke.

Hey, all the best Jewish jokes are about money!

Two middle-aged Jews, who were at school together, meet in a street outside London's Savoy hotel. One is expensively dressed and is about to get into a Rolls-Royce, the other is in rags and is a beggar.
"Hey, Nathan, remember me?" cries the beggar. "It's Solly, your old friend. Do me a favour and give me £10 for a bed."
"Sure! Sure," replied Nathan, putting his arm round him. "Bring it round in the morning and I'll take a look at it!"

Fifteen minutes after the Titanic sank Morrie and Louie find themselves hanging on to the same piece of wood. "Well," said Louie, "it could have been worse."
"Oh, how?" asked Morrie.
"We could have brought return tickets!"

A Catholic priest, an Anglican vicar and a rabbi were discussing how they divided up the money they collected between the poor of the parish, which they all called God's share, and what they kept for their own subsistence.
The priest said, "I draw a circle on the ground, throw the money in the air and whatever lands in the circle is for the poor, the rest I keep for my own humble needs."
The vicar said, "I draw a square on the ground, throw the money in the air and whatever lands in the square is mine, for my modest requirements, the rest is God's share, for the poor."
The rabbi said, "Well, it's simple, I just throw it all in the air and what God wants He keeps, anything He lets fall to the ground I keep!"

Is anyone really surprised by this? It's just one of the fruits of the "New Springtime" in the Catholic church.