Prophecy of the Whole World becoming Bankrupt
I've posted about 50 forum members here various CDs with Catholic lectures in MP3 format.  One of those lectures is about the much forecast Chastisement.  It comes in two parts which are about 20 MB each.  For those who wish to check for themselves it is around 8 mins into Part 2

I listened to that lecture again today to track down this particular quote and find out who said it.  I cannot find anything on Google about this particular Poor Claire.  I might have spelt her name wrong of course so if anyone can find any more information on her I'd be very interested to know.  Can any French speakers suggest an alternative spelling for Mad-el-lin  Por-san (phonetic)

Here is an exact description of what the narator says, word for word.  I have owned the original audio cassettes since the 1980s so it was recorded around 28-30 years ago.

----

Another prophet Sister Madeleine Pourcain who died a Poor Clare in 1843 foresaw “Confusion, Confusion, even among the priests”.  And sad to say this Prophecy is today a living reality on a scale never before dreamt of during the 2000 year history of the Church.

Sister Madeleine also foresaw a “commercial crisis which would see the whole world bankrupt”.

----

I find this very interesting in that it now looks distinctly possible that the entire world could go bankrupt as economies race each other to the bottom and debase their currencies.

Sounds like this is the Madeleine you were looking for, it is pronounced the same way.
Are there any other ways of spelling Pourcain?
Pourcain phonetically in French is said "poor-ken"
I believe instead Pourçain with a special ç (c/cedille) fits better. It is said "poor-sen" in French.
Ggreg,
In my opinion there is only one sister Madeleine Porsat (not pourcain) who died 1843 & was known as a seer.
I found no interesting link in English.
Try this one in French:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/Lecha-T/A%20...orsat.html
- BANQUEROUTE UNIVERSELLE,

Voici la sixième plaie, la crise du commerce. Le commerce marche à sa fin, parce que la roue du char n'a plus son pivot, la confiance.

The purported seer states that Our Lady told her there are seven plagues.  The sixth one is "universal bankruptcy."

My translation:  "Universal bankrupty.  Here is the sixth plague, the crisis of commerce.  Commerce approaches its end because the wheel of the cart no longer has its pivot, confidence."

Very interesting.
I found a French source in Google Books regarding her prophecy: http://books.google.com/books?id=-v4nz0X...#PPA470,M1

Fast and pray. And fast. And Pray...
maso Wrote:Ggreg,
In my opinion there is only one sister Madeleine Porsat (not pourcain) who died 1843 & was known as a seer.
I found no interesting link in English.
Try this one in French:
http://pagesperso-orange.fr/Lecha-T/A%20...orsat.html

Thanks Maso that is definitely her.  You can have my front row seat at Garabandal for that matey.
DJR Wrote:- BANQUEROUTE UNIVERSELLE,

Voici la sixième plaie, la crise du commerce. Le commerce marche à sa fin, parce que la roue du char n'a plus son pivot, la confiance.

The purported seer states that Our Lady told her there are seven plagues.  The sixth one is "universal bankruptcy."

My translation:  "Universal bankrupty.  Here is the sixth plague, the crisis of commerce.  Commerce approaches its end because the wheel of the cart no longer has its pivot, confidence."

Very interesting.

I agree, that is very interesting given the current economic events.  (Thanks for the translation)

I've heard secular economic commentators expressing dismay at how far and fast confidence dried up with banks refusing to lend even to other banks.  Hoarding cash and not spending is precisely a bankruptcy caused by a crisis of confidence.  Literally the wheels have dropped off the global economic bandwagon.

What is interesting is that she predicted this 170 years ago.  Until the second half of the twentieth century and arguably not even as long ago as that a global bankruptcy was out of the question as the amount of international trade was so small.  The great depression in the US in the 1930s did not affect other countries around the world to anything like the same degree.

Only in the last 25 years have we tied all the countries together so closely with globalization.  The interdependencies are not so large and univeral that bankruptcy of the entire world does appear possible.