Prophecy of the Whole World becoming Bankrupt
DJR Wrote:- BANQUEROUTE UNIVERSELLE,

Voici la sixième plaie, la crise du commerce. Le commerce marche à sa fin, parce que la roue du char n'a plus son pivot, la confiance.

The purported seer states that Our Lady told her there are seven plagues.  The sixth one is "universal bankruptcy."

My translation:  "Universal bankrupty.  Here is the sixth plague, the crisis of commerce.  Commerce approaches its end because the wheel of the cart no longer has its pivot, confidence."

Very interesting.

This is exactly what is happening now. In 1929 it was a merely staged crisis of banks, but now the very foundation is taken away. In fact, the United States, Italy, France and Hitler Germany quickly came out of the economic depression in the 1930s despite all problems. Of course WW2 happened. But still.

Holland and Norway and Sweden and Ireland suffered far more back then, because they did not spend according to the (then valid, but now?) Keynes theories of public spending.

But now they spend and reform the coin and have insurances, and still nothing helps these months against the crash of confidence and the implosion of the economy. And who will pay for bankrupt America? The US are bankrupt. They can spend a lot under Obama, but it will not help. Who can pay it back? Who can pay the interest? Grandchildren of ours? Impossible. The same is valid for modern Ukraine, Hungary, Spain, Ireland, Germany and Canada. Other states have some reserves in financial spheres. Of course, when federal Germany and Britain go bankrupt, France will fall too, and if France will, Spain will implode, and the European market will also have severe problems.
Cholera? Seems hardly possible. Even during a war, water supply will function mostly, except during bombings.

I think the Spanish disease or Spanish influenza of 1918-1919 is a more logical candidate, ggreg.

But this is a technical discussion.

Quote:Originally Posted by didishroom:
I like how no one hears of these supposed prohecies until there is the slighest possibility that they apply to us in our own times. Than everyone is ready to start heading for the hills. I say let's stop worrying about these premoninitions and just accept what happens. We can't change a thing.

Wow, if that is the case, why did God bother telling us? I don't think you are rationalizing appropriately. No we should not live in fear, but we are called to work and to cooperate with the Creator's great plan. Seeking Him and His guidance, we may just be called to survive all of this and aid in the re-establishment of Christendom. I think anyone seeking a direct nuclear hit to avoid it all is slacking on his/her duty as a fisher of men. Our business is to save souls for the Glory of our Father not live with a 'come what may' attitude but by preparation and awareness to foster the coming of His Kingdom.

I suppose we should be grateful that Noah did not take this attitude.

Also, I have known of these prophecies for many years. We are exhorted to watch and be vigilant because we do not know the hour of His return, yet, He has promised to give us signs to guide us (when the fig tree sprouts forth its branch).
Thanks HMiS, your insights are very much appreciated.
HMiS Wrote:Cholera? Seems hardly possible. Even during a war, water supply will function mostly, except during bombings.

I think the Spanish disease or Spanish influenza of 1918-1919 is a more logical candidate, ggreg.

But this is a technical discussion.

I thought of that also.  That killed about 20 million didn't it?
But Flu is not Cholera.  Not even close.

I found a more detailed account here.

http://archedemarie.monforum.com/image-vp3009371.html

Any French speaker want to give a crack at a good translation starting from Banqueroute universelle.  Please feel free.

Intempéries, inondations ;
Maladies sur les plantes et sur les animaux ;
Choléra sur les hommes ;
Révolutions ;
Guerres ;
Banqueroute universelle ;
Les plaies précédentes ont été adoucies, grâce à Marie qui a retenu le bras de son fils. Voici la sixième plaie, la crise du commerce. Le commerce marche à sa fin, parce que la roue du char n'a plus son pivot, la confiance.»
Entre la sixième crise et la septième, pas de repos : le progrès sera rapide, 1789 n'a renversé que la France : ce qui vient, va être le renversement du monde. La septième crise aboutira à l'enfantement. Le monde croira tout perdu, anéanti ! ... Trouble immense sur la mer agitée. Tout ce qui n'est pas sur la Barque, s'engloutit. La Barque fait ça et ça : (Il paraît qu'en prononçant ces paroles Madeleine Porsat indiquait avec la main le mouvement d'une embarcation dans la tourmente et sur le point de chavirer). Pierre, aie confiance ! ... L'arche sort de la tempête et la tranquillité se fait. »

ggreg Wrote:I found a more detailed account here.

http://archedemarie.monforum.com/image-vp3009371.html

Any French speaker want to give a crack at a good translation starting from Banqueroute universelle.  Please feel free.

Intempéries, inondations ;
Maladies sur les plantes et sur les animaux ;
Choléra sur les hommes ;
Révolutions ;
Guerres ;
Banqueroute universelle ;
Les plaies précédentes ont été adoucies, grâce à Marie qui a retenu le bras de son fils. Voici la sixième plaie, la crise du commerce. Le commerce marche à sa fin, parce que la roue du char n'a plus son pivot, la confiance.»
Entre la sixième crise et la septième, pas de repos : le progrès sera rapide, 1789 n'a renversé que la France : ce qui vient, va être le renversement du monde. La septième crise aboutira à l'enfantement. Le monde croira tout perdu, anéanti ! ... Trouble immense sur la mer agitée. Tout ce qui n'est pas sur la Barque, s'engloutit. La Barque fait ça et ça : (Il paraît qu'en prononçant ces paroles Madeleine Porsat indiquait avec la main le mouvement d'une embarcation dans la tourmente et sur le point de chavirer). Pierre, aie confiance ! ... L'arche sort de la tempête et la tranquillité se fait. »

"The previous afflictions have been softened, thanks to our Lady who held back her Son's arm. Here is the 6th affliction, the market crisis. Business is walking to its end because the cart's wheel no longer has its axis, the confidence".
Between the 6th and the 7th crisis, no rest: The spreading will go quickly, 1789 threw down France alone. What is coming will be the world's overthrowing. The 7th crisis will result in a birth. The world will believe that all is lost, annihilated: .... Huge turmoil on the stormy seas. Whatever isn't on the Boat is swallowed. The Boat rolls and pitches (one tells that saying these words, Madeleine Porsat showed the movements in the turmoil of a boat upon to capsize). Peter, keep trusting!" ... The Ark comes out of the storm and the calm spreads"
So it's possible that we have been living in the immediate end times for the past 200 years?  I realize that the clock started ticking as soon as Our Lord ascended into Heaven but this scenario would mean that we are already at the end of the world since around 1789?

Bob
Thanks Maso.  That is very useful.  I'll remember you in my Rosary tonight.

Does the phrase la Barque mean boat, or does it signify the Barque of Peter?
http://market-ticker.denninger.net/archi...Of-It.html

Thursday, March 5. 2009Posted by Karl Denninger in Editorial at 09:57
What's Dead (Short Answer: All Of It)
Just so you have a short list of what's at stake if Washington DC doesn't change policy here and now (which means before the collapse in equities comes, which could start as soon as today, if the indicators I watch have any validity at all.  For what its worth, those indicators are painting a picture of the Apocalypse that I simply can't believe, and they're showing it as an imminent event - like perhaps today imminent.)
  • All pension funds, private and public, are done.  If you are receiving one, you won't be.  If you think you will in the future, you won't be.  PBGC will fail as well.  Pension funds will be forced to start eating their "seed corn" within the next 12 months and once that begins there is no way to recover.
  • All annuities will be defaulted to the state insurance protection (if any) on them.  The state insurance funds will be bankrupted and unable to be replenished.  Essentially, all annuities are toast.  Expect zero, be ecstatic if you do better.  All insurance companies with material exposure to these obligations will go bankrupt, without exception.  Some of these firms are dangerously close to this happening right here and now; the rest will die within the next 6-12 months.  If you have other insured interests with these firms, be prepared to pay a LOT more with a new company that can't earn anything off investments, and if you have a claim in process at the time it happens, it won't get paid.  The probability of you getting "boned" on any transaction with an insurance company is extremely high - I rate this risk in excess of 90%.
  • The FDIC will be unable to cover bank failure obligations.  They will attempt to do more of what they're doing now (raising insurance rates and doing special assessments) but will fail; the current path has no chance of success.  Congress will backstop them (because they must lest shotguns come out) with disastrous results.  In short, FDIC backstops will take precedence even over Social Security and Medicare.
  • Government debt costs will ramp.  This warning has already been issued and is being ignored by President Obama.    When (not if) it happens debt-based Federal Funding will disappear.  This leads to....
  • Tax receipts are cratering and will continue to.  I expect total tax receipts to fall to under $1 trillion within the next 12 months.  Combined with the impossibility of continued debt issue (rollover will only remain possible at the short duration Treasury has committed to over the last ten years if they cease new issue) a 66% cut in the Federal Budget will become necessary.  This will require a complete repudiation of Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, a 50% cut in the military budget and a 50% across-the-board cut in all other federal programs.  That will likely get close.
  • Tax-deferred accounts will be seized to fund rollovers of Treasury debt at essentially zero coupon (interest).  If you have a 401k, or what's left of it, or an IRA, consider it locked up in Treasuries; it's not yours any more.  Count on this happening - it is essentially a certainty.
  • Any firm with debt outstanding is currently presumed dead as the street presumption is that they have lied in some way.  Expect at least 20% of the S&P 500 to fail within 12 months as a consequence of the complete and total lockup of all credit markets which The Fed will be unable to unlock or backstop.  This will in turn lead to....
  • The unemployed will have 5-10 million in direct layoffs added within the next 12 months.  Collateral damage (suppliers, customers, etc) will add at least another 5-10 million workers to that, perhaps double that many.  U-3 (official unemployment rate) will go beyond 15%, U-6 (broad form) will reach 30%. 
  • Civil unrest will break out before the end of the year.  The Military and Guard will be called up to try to stop it.  They won't be able to.  Big cities are at risk of becoming a free-fire death zone.  If you live in one, figure out how you can get out and live somewhere else if you detect signs that yours is starting to go "feral"; witness New Orleans after Katrina for how fast, and how bad, it can get.
The good news is that this process will clear The Bezzle out of the system.
The bad news is that you won't have a job, pension, annuity, Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and, quite possibly, your life.
It really is that bleak folks, and it all goes back to Washington DC being unwilling to lock up the crooks, putting the market in the role it has always played - that of truth-finder, no matter how destructive that process is.
Only immediate action from Washington DC, taking the market's place, can stop this, and as I get ready to hit "send" I see the market rolling over again, now down more than 3% and flashing "crash imminent" warnings.  You may be reading this too late for it to matter.