Bad burn from red hot chili peppers... REX?
There you go. Told you. Milk poultice.
Olive oil worked for me! Must be my Mediterranean skin..
Vinyl gloves.

I chopped red chili peppers for a recipe once. Then I put in my contact lenses. Yowch.

AdoramusTeChriste Wrote:I chopped red chili peppers for a recipe once. Then I put in my contact lenses. Yowch.

[Image: eek.gif]

That sounds seriously painful.
I'm telling you two hours later and my left hand is still on fire. So far, I've used soap and ice, that's all. I'll try the milk, since there's no cream cheese in the house.

I'm a little afraid of putting oil on a burn, albeit a chili pepper burn.

Thank you all.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Maybe it's an allergic reaction? Hope the pain subsides soon.
Jacafamala Wrote:I'm telling you two hours later and my left hand is still on fire. So far, I've used soap and ice, that's all. I'll try the milk, since there's no cream cheese in the house.

I'm a little afraid of putting oil on a burn, albeit a chili pepper burn.

Thank you all.
I feel your pain!!  Whatever you do.. DON'T TOUCH ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR EYE!!  I speak from experience.
They're red hot.

Speaking of...

A touch of tragi-comedy. My old hillbilly pal used to make his own hot peppers and jar them while drinking beer usually on a Saturday. I happened by for a few cold ones and to see how he was getting on. After a few beers he excused himself to go to the head. All of a sudden he was yelling for his wife cause he was in severe pain, you see he hadn't washed his hands prior to his business, and his spigot payed the price. His wife called to me to get a tray of ice cubes and bring them to her. I did, and left all the while holding back from laughing out loud. He recovered by the next week and his wife bought hot peppers from then on till today. 
Satori Wrote:Oh, please. What are we white Americans supposed to do? Fix Campbell's soup for dinner every night?

NO!  Just say no to Cambell's!