Bad burn from red hot chili peppers... REX?
Spicy food should be avoided at all costs as they inflame the passions as well as the tastebuds. Why do you think those latino lovers are so passionate?
They're this kind of chili pepper.
[Image: chili_peppers.jpg] 

My husband got a bunch from the Asian market.  I made six batches of the sauce; to store away. Next time, I'll wear gloves.

Giving up spicy food isn't an option.

I'm feeling better today; in the end I denuded my aloe plant and that did help some. thanks for all the concern and funny stories.
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Oh those. Why didn't you just buy the rooster sauce?

This reminds me of a funny story...I was sick once and a little bit off in the head. I had to eat because we were having pho. Of course I eat with the chili sauce. Then I starting saying it was too spicy. So I kept on adding more and more chili sauce and hoison sauce because I was complaining it didn't have any flavour. I was sweating like crazy. Almost started crying. So I ran into the bathroom and took some mouthwash. Of course the alcohol just set my mouth on fire. (not literally).

Jacafamala Wrote:They're this kind of chili pepper.

My husband got a bunch from the Asian market.  I made six batches of the sauce; to store away. Next time, I'll wear gloves.

I'm feeling better today; in the end I denuded my aloe plant and that did help some. thanks for all the concern and funny stories.

Hmm I just LOVE eating those raw. Or after they've been soaked in vinegar for awhile. I think I'm the only one in my family who likes to eat chilis. By the way I think these are generally known as Thai peppers, but around here we call them 'siling labuyo'. They're tasty! Big Grin
Matamoros Wrote:
Jacafamala Wrote:They're this kind of chili pepper.

Hmm I just LOVE eating those raw. Or after they've been soaked in vinegar for awhile. I think I'm the only one in my family who likes to eat chilis. By the way I think these are generally known as Thai peppers, but around here we call them 'siling labuyo'. They're tasty! Big Grin
Raw? Oh, oh, oh, you're killin' me! That'd 'bout put me in the hospital. 
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
Paloma Wrote:What kind of peppers were they? Just curious.

I read that capsaicin is alkaline so lemon juice (or any like acid) will neutralize the ph.

I've been a chef in various restaurant settings, and if I forget to use gloves when messing with peppers, some sort of acid typically does the trick.
I gave the baby her first taste of hot food yesterday.

We both have colds, and I was eating spicy Mexican because it makes me feel better. Baby kept on pawing at my plate, and I thought maybe a bit of spicy would make her feel better, too, so I gave her a tiny bite of my extra-hot carnitas. She chewed earnestly for a minute, then puckered up and started to cry. I guess I don't have a spicy-food-buddy.
Satori Wrote:I gave the baby her first taste of hot food yesterday.

We both have colds, and I was eating spicy Mexican because it makes me feel better. Baby kept on pawing at my plate, and I thought maybe a bit of spicy would make her feel better, too, so I gave her a tiny bite of my extra-hot carnitas. She chewed earnestly for a minute, then puckered up and started to cry. I guess I don't have a spicy-food-buddy.
Aw.LOL

You know, a little sugar on the tongue will close up the pores, thus making the heat more tolerable--if that ever happens to her again. Children's palette's are so delicate, aren't they?
All this talk of spicy food reminds me of one my my dad's experiences in Thailand. One day he and a couple of co-workers decide to eat out at a place known for its spicy tom yum. When the waiter asked them how they would like their tom yum-- green or red-- they naturally assumed 'green' meant a milder flavor. Well it turned out that green meant 'keep on going'  or rather, 'keep the chili flowin'  and so they all came back to the office with burnt tongues LOL.
I'm a wimp. No spicy at all for me. Seriously, even when I go to Taco Bell I have to get whatever I'm eating without sauce. And that's already wimp sauce. A few years ago I did graduate to being able to have sauce on my enchiladas. I'm the only one in my family like that.