President Bush
Did anyone else feel sad for him today?
SmileBugMG Wrote:Did anyone else feel sad for him today?
I felt sadder for the formerly great nation known as the United States.

I think he's happy to go.

I did feel sad for him. Regardless of his bad decisions, when he was elected the second time, it was by a large margin, but nobody composed songs, nobody bent over backwards for him the way they are going nuts for Ob. But I guess he was voted in mostly by the kind of people who stay at hime and don't make a lot of noise. I don't know; I am not American. Anyway, i felt sad for him.
I was sad because of how glad people were to see him go.  He probably had one of the toughest terms as President, and nobody at all seemed grateful for his service.  Obama's speech even had a few pointed remarks obviously directed at Bush, that his administration would do so much better than his.  No matter what you think of his politics, Bush is a man of integrity and I respect him for that.  I hope he has a very peaceful retirement in Texas.

On one level, yes, I honestly did feel a twinge of sympathy. While even the most obscure individuals received great applause when they were announced earlier today, one could hear a pin drop when Bush walked out.

On the other hand, I felt pretty sad for the million-plus Afghans and Iraqis who have been needlessly killed these past 8 years. 

That being said, Bush was bad but Obama will surely be worse.

Yes. I was never particularly anti-Bush. Maybe it's Texan bonding or something.
SmileBugMG Wrote:Obama's speech even had a few pointed remarks obviously directed at Bush, that his administration would do so much better than his. 
I flatly refuse to listen to or read that speech, but if he really did make pointed remarks aimed at Bush, that was very, very unclassy. And I don't like Bush. 
George Bush is going to live the rest of his life in a mansion in Dallas. He will never worry where his next meal is coming from. He will never have to earn a living by the sweat of his brow. I think he'll be just fine, with or without our sympathy.

Having said that, I do feel sorry for him that he won't get to ride Air Force One anymore. That would be sweet. I'm presuming the Prez doesn't have to remove his stupid shoes prior to boarding. However, getting constantly shadowed by guys in sunglasses carrying automatic weapons would start to bug after about an hour. So, there's always a trade off I suppose.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:

Yes. I was never particularly anti-Bush. Maybe it's Texan bonding or something.

Ditto.