Render unto Ceasar?
DrBombay Wrote:
Credo Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:And the federal income tax is not illegal.
Where is the law saying one must pay Income Taxes? Good luck finding it.

There are plenty of legal taxes, but the Federal Income Tax is unconstitutional.

It's called the 16th amendment to the US Constitution.

Oh, snap!

Actually, it only says that the gubment can collect, not that you have to pay.   But good luck with that.
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
How many tax payers are there in the US? About 150 million? Out of those, how many are passionate pro-lifers? Passionate enough to refuse to pay their taxes? One half? One third? Let's just say that out of 150 million people, 5 million would refuse to pay their taxes, if everyone agreed to do it at the same time?
 I mean, you can't put 5 million people in jail. Or can you?

Answer: Yes, they can and are practicing now to do it.

Here is the latest report on this from California attorney Ellen Brown from the Canadian website Global Research:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=BRO20090122&articleId=11951

And do a Yahoo or Google search for "FEMA detention camps". It's said there are 800 built or being built to house all the so-called "dissidents" and Patriots. An American Gulag, so to speak.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:
Credo Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:And the federal income tax is not illegal.
Where is the law saying one must pay Income Taxes? Good luck finding it.

There are plenty of legal taxes, but the Federal Income Tax is unconstitutional.

It's called the 16th amendment to the US Constitution.

Oh, snap!

Actually, it only says that the gubment can collect, not that you have to pay.   But good luck with that.
Uh huh. I'm sure our federal pens house numerous folks who thought they didn't have to pay. The government would seem to disagree.

Resistance is futile.
HailGilbert Wrote:
How many tax payers are there in the US? About 150 million? Out of those, how many are passionate pro-lifers? Passionate enough to refuse to pay their taxes? One half? One third? Let's just say that out of 150 million people, 5 million would refuse to pay their taxes, if everyone agreed to do it at the same time?

Here is the latest report on this from California attorney Ellen Brown from the Canadian website Global Research:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=BRO20090122&articleId=11951

And do a Yahoo or Google search for "FEMA detention camps". It's said there are 800 built or being built to house all the so-called "dissidents" and Patriots. An American Gulag, so to speak.

Or maybe the camps are being built to house the future victims of hurricanes and other natural disasters so they don't have to live in un-air conditioned, malaria breeding football stadiums.

I know. What a wacky idea. That's crazy talk. :tinfoil:
DrBombay Wrote:It's called the 16th amendment to the US Constitution.

Not so. The Federal Income Tax is illegal because it is a direct, unapportioned tax that finds itself contrary to the demands of the US Constitution.
Credo Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:It's called the 16th amendment to the US Constitution.

Not so. The Federal Income Tax is illegal because it is a direct, unapportioned tax that finds itself contrary to the demands of the US Constitution.

The Constitution can be amended, and was. To claim that an amendment to the Constitution is illegal is odd. Very odd.
DrBombay Wrote:
HailGilbert Wrote:

Or maybe the camps are being built to house the future victims of hurricanes and other natural disasters so they don't have to live in un-air conditioned, malaria breeding football stadiums.

I know. What a wacky idea. That's crazy talk. :tinfoil:

I'm not in any way mentally ill or damaged, as you seem to allege, when I bring up the building of an American Gulag in our midst. Nor is this attorney.

Instead of a blanket condemnation with either insults or sarcasm, point out why we shouldn't be wary of these camps.
This is an opportunity for all of us. Let's go cheerfully to the camps. This is exactly the thing which will either wake up the rest or we become martyrs. This could be the action, or the blood of martyrs, that wakes us from our lethargic slothful spiritual malaise. Benedicamus Domino et Deo Gratias.
DrBombay Wrote:The Constitution can be amended, and was. To claim that an amendment to the Constitution is illegal is odd. Very odd.

Take a guess when the 16th Amendment was passed? Christmas Eve, 1913, with barely a handful of senators around. If the representatives of the people aren't around, it's not legally binding on the people. It's passage was one of the shadiest chapters in American political history.

Also, only four states voted on the actual Amendment, 38 more voted on varying versions.

Once again: there is no law on the books that says one must pay Federal Income Tax.

mjsebastian Wrote:If the new President succeeds in a public funded bailout for the abortion industry or makes widespread use of public funds to pay for the abortions of others, is he not (in effect) forcing Catholics to choose between the sin of assisting others to get abortions or the crime of not paying one's taxes?

How does this work with our faith? Can someone enlighten me?

MJ
Those "Catholics" who refuse to pay taxes are doing so in order to indulge their sin of avarice, not because of some higher act of Justice on their part. These types would find any justification for not paying taxes.

It's all about avarice not about "pro-life". Pay your taxes.