Render unto Ceasar?
Quote:Nope. I was alleging I was mentally ill, not you. All that talk about FEMA building refugee camps for hurricane victims. I'm a total nut thinking stuff like that.

It's much more logical to believe that the jack-booted thugs are this close (THIS CLOSE I SAY!!!!) to rounding us all up and sending us to the ovens. I can see the logic of such a position, but can't quite bring myself to believe it. Please pray that the scales may fall from my eyes and I may come to the fullness of Truth.

If you're not pulling my leg here on the above, then sure, you got my prayers.

But then you're in my prayers anyway, along with the rest of the gang here on FE. So you're covered, Doc.

And with that, my thanks to you. [Image: asianbow.gif]
HailGilbert Wrote:
Quote:Nope. I was alleging I was mentally ill, not you. All that talk about FEMA building refugee camps for hurricane victims. I'm a total nut thinking stuff like that.

It's much more logical to believe that the jack-booted thugs are this close (THIS CLOSE I SAY!!!!) to rounding us all up and sending us to the ovens. I can see the logic of such a position, but can't quite bring myself to believe it. Please pray that the scales may fall from my eyes and I may come to the fullness of Truth.

If you're not pulling my leg here on the above, then sure, you got my prayers.

But then you're in my prayers anyway, along with the rest of the gang here on FE. So you're covered, Doc.

And with that, my thanks to you. [Image: asianbow.gif]

Thanks Gilbert for the prayers. Now I feel like an ass.
It is not a sin to avoidt paying illegal taxes
HailGilbert Wrote:
warning Wrote:
HailGilbert Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:
HailGilbert Wrote:
StrictCatholicGirl Wrote:
How many tax payers are there in the US? About 150 million? Out of those, how many are passionate pro-lifers? Passionate enough to refuse to pay their taxes? One half? One third? Let's just say that out of 150 million people, 5 million would refuse to pay their taxes, if everyone agreed to do it at the same time?
 I mean, you can't put 5 million people in jail. Or can you?

Answer: Yes, they can and are practicing now to do it.

Here is the latest report on this from California attorney Ellen Brown from the Canadian website Global Research:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=viewArticle&code=BRO20090122&articleId=11951

And do a Yahoo or Google search for "FEMA detention camps". It's said there are 800 built or being built to house all the so-called "dissidents" and Patriots. An American Gulag, so to speak.

Or maybe the camps are being built to house the future victims of hurricanes and other natural disasters so they don't have to live in un-air conditioned, malaria breeding football stadiums.

I know. What a wacky idea. That's crazy talk. :tinfoil:

I'm not in any way mentally ill or damaged, as you seem to allege, when I bring up the building of an American Gulag in our midst. Nor is this attorney.

Instead of a blanket condemnation with either insults or sarcasm, point out why we shouldn't be wary of these camps.
[Image: laff.gif]  what goes around.......
Dante vs. AQ, CFN, Remnant & Fatima Crusader 

HailGilbert Wrote:
devotedknuckles Wrote:
Quote:Holy Roman Emperor is Divinely Ordained and according to Saint Paul this Divinely Ordained Authority would last until the end of days

I don't get it. Wasn't the Holy Roman Empire founded in 800? How could St. Paul even write about its authority.

Something's fishy!

From reading all of Warning's past posts on this subject, including this one, I have  come to a conclusion about the gentleman. It pains me to say it, but I won't lie.

I conclude with sadness that it seems to me that Warning is mentally ill. Why?

1) Because of his monomaniacal obsession with the return of the Holy Roman Emperor

2) Because of his interpreting Dante's Divine Comedy in a manner that the majority of Dante scholars and others would reject as having no basis in either reality or Revelation.

I know and understand he will reject such a conclusion. But the evidence from his past posts has convinced me beyond a reasonable doubt that it is true. And I will ask Our Savior to heal him of his malady.

[Image: laff.gif]

No, in my case, it has no basis. In your case, it does. I'm still convinced of it.

Everything that I have written is based on Divine Scripture (especially St Paul) the Doctors and Fathers of the Church, a few Popes, St Robert Bellarmine, Dante, Ockham and a few other medieval writers. Nothing out of the ordinary and certainly nothing unrealistic. Insane? Maybe to you, because you don’t like my delivery? Is my grammar and spelling and sentence structure not up to par? I never claimed to be any writer of merit.
But no, I gather you don’t like my worldview. It must bother you tremendously. Let me guess you are one of those Trads who thinks Dante is a gnostic and that Modern Democracy is the be all end all? Am I right? Hey if you believe that the world must witness a nuclear annihilation before the restoration of all things in Christ and other assorted apocalyptic scenarios, then I would under stand your dislike for my worldview. But to call my views insane and me as well, is rather childish.
So sport do us all a favor and take the time to put me in my place. Should not be too hard. Right? But no. you will most likely pretend to take the high road and claim that it would be beneath such a one to do so. Yeah… right….

Quote:Everything that I have written is based on Divine Scripture (especially St Paul) the Doctors and Fathers of the Church, a few Popes, St Robert Bellarmine, Dante, Ockham and a few other medieval writers. Nothing out of the ordinary and certainly nothing unrealistic. Insane? Maybe to you, because you don’t like my delivery? Is my grammar and spelling and sentence structure not up to par? I never claimed to be any writer of merit.But no, I gather you don’t like my worldview. It must bother you tremendously. Let me guess you are one of those Trads who thinks Dante is a gnostic and that Modern Democracy is the be all end all? Am I right? Hey if you believe that the world must witness a nuclear annihilation before the restoration of all things in Christ and other assorted apocalyptic scenarios, then I would under stand your dislike for my worldview. But to call my views insane and me as well, is rather childish.
So sport do us all a favor and take the time to put me in my place. Should not be too hard. Right? But no. You will most likely pretend to take the high road and claim that it would be beneath such a one to do so. Yeah… right….

First, I dispute whether Scripture, the Fathers et.al. wrote what they wrote with your personal interpretation of them in mind vis-a-vis restoring the Holy Roman Empire. And I'm not the only one here on FE to do so.

Second, I didn't say anything relating to your sentence structure or grammar and so on.

Third, I don't know if Dante is a Gnostic or not. I know he is a great poet and a huge figure in Medieval European Literature. But as for whether he is or was a Gnostic, I don't know.

Fourth, I never said nor implied that, to
quote you, "Modern Democracy is the be-all end-all". How you ever came to that conclusion, when I said nothing regarding it pro or con, is a mystery at the very least.

Fifth and finally, I deny that calling your views on Dante and the H.R.E. "insane" is "childish". After reading your many posts on these views, as well as the detailed rebuttals to them,
I believe that it is the only accurate way to describe them.

I will say no more on this unless I am forced to. Thank you for your time.

This whole debate is moot because the Federal Income Tax isn't used to generate revenue for government programs; its purpose is to fight inflation by reducing the amount of money people can spend.  This is a well-documented objective of the Income Tax.  Furthermore, the total revenue generated from the Income Tax hasn't been enough to pay for anything other than the interest on the national debt for years.  So your tax money isn't paying for abortion.

The question then arises: where does the money come from to fund Planned Parenthood (as well as all the government agencies)?  Some of it comes from corporate taxes, but these days, most of it comes from either borrowing from foreign governments who buy US securities, or the Federal Reserve "monetizes" it (i.e. prints it out of thin air).  This is what allows the politicians to spend so much money on government programs.  If they had to depend on tax revenue for their pet projects, they would be committing political suicide by raising taxes to meet increased budgetary requirements.

So if we want to oppose the federal government's funding of pro-abortion groups, we have to take a more fundamental approach to the problem, which means we have to think beyond a simple tax strike.  The Federal Reserve system itself allows such unlimited and unaccountable funding to take place.  I guarantee that if the government had to depend on taxes to fund Planned Parenthood (as well as all the other foolish/immoral government projects), there would be a lot of short political careers, because our taxes would have to be raised to astronomical levels.  So we need to pursue the abolition of the Federal Reserve system, which is institutionalized immorality.

By the way, Credo is right. You don't have to pay the income tax.  The laws only state that it is a voluntary tax.  It is not obligatory, according to the letter of the law.  However, the IRS will use coercive force to make it obligatory, but they don't have a legal basis for doing so.

warning Wrote:
mjsebastian Wrote:If the new President succeeds in a public funded bailout for the abortion industry or makes widespread use of public funds to pay for the abortions of others, is he not (in effect) forcing Catholics to choose between the sin of assisting others to get abortions or the crime of not paying one's taxes?

How does this work with our faith? Can someone enlighten me?

MJ
Those "Catholics" who refuse to pay taxes are doing so in order to indulge their sin of avarice, not because of some higher act of Justice on their part. These types would find any justification for not paying taxes.

It's all about avarice not about "pro-life". Pay your taxes.
Or just maybe they couldn't feed their families, if they did pay? I've heard of people like that too, even if they're not Catholic. How's that for Justice? Or is it more like just us?
warning Wrote:
timoose Wrote:This is an opportunity for all of us. Let's go cheerfully to the camps. This is exactly the thing which will either wake up the rest or we become martyrs. This could be the action, or the blood of martyrs, that wakes us from our lethargic slothful spiritual malaise. Benedicamus Domino et Deo Gratias.
The True Christians martyrs certainly had a different attitude toward their governing authorities than is found in Trad circles. Obey, obey, obey. That is why they are termed martyrs. These early christian Martyrs never rebelled against the legitimate governing authority. These Martyrs were not political rebels but true witnesses to True Catholic doctrine. Most today look to every excuse to rebel against governing authorities. Problem is that the governing authorities are not persecuting you for your Catholic beliefs. They just hurt you in your temporal affairs.
Many temporal "affairs" are practices of our Catholic Religion. The True Virtue of Religion demands action not just belief or faith. As God the Holy Ghost says through St. James "faith without works is dead". If the Martyrs had obeyed they would not be Martyrs but the damned who denied Christs by their actions and actions speak louder than words. Also our Divine Religion is a temporal Religion and not an Eternal One. If we were true Christians, true Catholics we most likely be Martyrs already as well for preaching for Christian States under the Supreme Authority of the Eternal City of Rome, both Spiritual and Civil.
rbjmartin Wrote:This whole debate is moot because the Federal Income Tax isn't used to generate revenue for government programs; its purpose is to fight inflation by reducing the amount of money people can spend.  This is a well-documented objective of the Income Tax.  Furthermore, the total revenue generated from the Income Tax hasn't been enough to pay for anything other than the interest on the national debt for years.  So your tax money isn't paying for abortion.

The question then arises: where does the money come from to fund Planned Parenthood (as well as all the government agencies)?  Some of it comes from corporate taxes, but these days, most of it comes from either borrowing from foreign governments who buy US securities, or the Federal Reserve "monetizes" it (i.e. prints it out of thin air).  This is what allows the politicians to spend so much money on government programs.  If they had to depend on tax revenue for their pet projects, they would be committing political suicide by raising taxes to meet increased budgetary requirements.

So if we want to oppose the federal government's funding of pro-abortion groups, we have to take a more fundamental approach to the problem, which means we have to think beyond a simple tax strike.  The Federal Reserve system itself allows such unlimited and unaccountable funding to take place.  I guarantee that if the government had to depend on taxes to fund Planned Parenthood (as well as all the other foolish/immoral government projects), there would be a lot of short political careers, because our taxes would have to be raised to astronomical levels.  So we need to pursue the abolition of the Federal Reserve system, which is institutionalized immorality.

By the way, Credo is right. You don't have to pay the income tax.  The laws only state that it is a voluntary tax.  It is not obligatory, according to the letter of the law.  However, the IRS will use coercive force to make it obligatory, but they don't have a legal basis for doing so.
God and Mother Mary bless you, my fellow truth-teller. You've got it all down. Now if we could only get people to realize that distributive justice and the guild system are the only ways to stop inflation. Inflation can be stopped, it is not inevitable. That is capitalism's error, it believes, as does it's maker (Protestantism), that man is total and irreversibly fallen and evil. Oh, it would be true but for God's Sanctifying Grace in His Catholic Church. Praise be God in His Forgiveness and Sanctification unto His Glory!
Valentine Wrote:A priest once told me that it would be right to deny some taxes to the Govt. on account of the state funded abortions, but you would need to pay some tax for the good services that the Govt. offers.  I guess how much you don't pay is up to you. I don't know how that theory pans out, but it was good to hear a priest say that.

I've been contemplating doing this for a while. Calculating what % of my government's money goes to fund abortions and not paying it that % of my taxes.

If you do it % wise they'll probably just send you a letter stating that you underpaid. Then you can either pay it (think what would happen if pro-life people just underpaid and included a form letter, then agreed to pay at this step), or they'll take the next step. I don't know what that is. But I'm sure it'll take them more money to get that small % out of me than it's worth.