Best of Fisheaters Sandwich recipes
Since all the women here were saying what great "sammich" makers they are, I think it's time to put our money where our mouths are! I'll start:
  Chicken, Feta , and Pesto Sandwich
1 cooked breast of Chicken (LaRoza can substitute portobello mushrooms)
Romaine lettuce
slice of feta cheese
basil pesto
1 roasted red pepper (canned kind)
Assemble between slices of good focaccia or ciabatta, and enjoy!
Mise en place:
2- slices of white bread
1/4 Cup Ragu (approx)
Kitchen sink

Recipe:
Pour Ragu onto one slice of bread.  With second slice, smear sauce around until evenly spread onto both slices.  Serve cold, eating while leaning over kitchen sink.  Repeat.
Thanks, Anastasia, but what about the cheese? It comes from an animal :)

I do not like sandwiches really, but I do have a bread with topping snack I like.

It is Bruschetta and some sort of hard Italian bread.

It is simple to make. You need tomatoes, olive oil (I always use extra virgin and first cold press, nothing less), balsalmic vinegar and herbs (which ones are up to you, I use the largest mix I can). Dice the tomatoes, grind up the herbs (more the better usually) and mix in a bit of olive oil. You put the vinegar in last usually, but it hardly matters unless you are concerned with colour. Toast the bread a bit or use it plain. Put the bruschetta on the bread and put some extra olive oil on directly and serve.

Good for you, Anastasia. I've been meaning to start this thread for months.

The Veggie

Toss one julienned carrot and about half a small onion (sliced) around in a skillet with plenty of olive oil, salt and pepper. Toast a couple of slices of hearty whole-grain bread; smear with a little mayonnaise or any dressing that you like. Melt a couple of slices of strong cheese on one piece of bread. Proceed to pile on lightly sauteed carrots, onions, and thin slices of sweet apple. Stack on other slice of bread. Slice into two neat triangles. Enjoy.

The cheese can obviously be left out for vegans, and it will be nearly as filling although not as tasty.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:Mise en place:
2- slices of white bread
1/4 Cup Ragu (approx)
Kitchen sink

Recipe:
Pour Ragu onto one slice of bread.  With second slice, smear sauce around until evenly spread onto both slices.  Serve cold, eating while leaning over kitchen sink.  Repeat.

Gag.
When I lasted worked at Applebee's, they had just introduced a turkey sandwich with some sort of avocado-ranch sauce.
four tender steamed broccoli florets
two thin slices of red onion
four slices of ripe jersey beefsteak tomato
chiffonade of basil
two slices romaine
pile onto garlic bread
drizzle balsamic vinegar, maybe a little black pepper
eat once
Stephanos Wrote:
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:Mise en place:
2- slices of white bread
1/4 Cup Ragu (approx)
Kitchen sink

Recipe:

Gag.

Cretin.
Liverwurst, sliced thick, lotsa mustard, between two slices of fresh french bread.
Tomato-basil bread, thin sliced roast beef and tomatoes, lots of creamy, mild horseradish sauce. That's it. Add anything else and it's ruined.