salt and pepper

mix and stuff it into a croissant or in a pita

or croque monsieur:

take a baguette, slice it open
top it with ham and gruyere cheese
put it under the broiler
serve open face

check cholesterol an hour later.

Or i like to make regular B.L.T.s but instead of tomato I use really thin slices of cored apples.

Now I'm hungry.

Whatever happened to the simple tomato sandwich? I lived on these for my last pregnancy.

Two slices of bread, mayo, tomato slices and salt. :eats:

LaRoza, have you ever tried a raw sandwich? My dh and I eat raw though we aren't vegan. I love making cashew "cheese", topping it with various veggies and wrapping it up in a kale leaf.
For breakfast;
Very good Italian bread like filone or rusticano, sliced on an angle to make longer slices. Butter the bread add Swiss Cheese, and sprinkle with coarse salt, then place in roasting pan in pre-heated 400 deg. oven. and bake until bottom is toasted and top is melted. Serve with Prosciutto d' Parma, Sopressata, and Genova Salame from Volpi in St. Louis.
a real Italian American hybrid and mmm good. A good drink if it's Saturday is Strong Black coffee, sugar, a twist of lemon and Grappa for taste.  
Cheese Dreams. English muffins, slice of tomato, 2 slices mozzarella, bacon. Butter the muffins, grill lightly.
Grilled baloney, I use wheat bread:

Generously butter bread, all the way to edges, put butter side down in medium-warm skillet.  Lay down cheddar cheese slice, and two slices of real balongne (like from the deli counter).  top with a small amount of ketchup, evenly spread.  Butter second slice of bread and place butter side up on top of ketchup.  Flip sandwich until both sides are toasted and cheese is melty delicious.

nicollette Wrote:Whatever happened to the simple tomato sandwich? I lived on these for my last pregnancy.

I love you.

Those are my favorite though i feel guilty eating them while pregnant because I have to really try to get protein in at every meal.
Paloma Wrote:
nicollette Wrote:Whatever happened to the simple tomato sandwich? I lived on these for my last pregnancy.

I love you.

Those are my favorite though i feel guilty eating them while pregnant because I have to really try to get protein in at every meal.
Try it with a milk chaser.
Any good bread with cheese melted till you can spread it like butter onto said bread, with a slice of last night's roast beef, tomato and lettuce... yummy!!
Paloma Wrote:Those are my favorite though i feel guilty eating them while pregnant because I have to really try to get protein in at every meal.

Protein is a chain of amino acides. All essential amino acids are found in plant matter. Don't be deceived by labels. Protein has to be broken down to be used.

Case to consider, a cow eats only plant matter yet has a calf that is much stronger than a human baby and grows much faster. (Also, where did ResiduumRevertetur think milk is made? In vegan animals)

LaRoza Wrote:
Paloma Wrote:Those are my favorite though i feel guilty eating them while pregnant because I have to really try to get protein in at every meal.

Protein is a chain of amino acides. All essential amino acids are found in plant matter. Don't be deceived by labels. Protein has to be broken down to be used.

Case to consider, a cow eats only plant matter yet has a calf that is much stronger than a human baby and grows much faster. (Also, where did ResiduumRevertetur think milk is made? In vegan animals)

Hear, Hear.