First Traditional Latin Mass in 40 years results in liturgical abuse
http://torontocatholicblog.blogspot.com/...in-40.html First Traditional Latin Mass in 40 years results in liturgical abuse!
For the first time in forty years, the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass celebrated in the beautiful chapel at St. Augustine’s Seminary in Toronto would be something other than the Missa Normative of 1970. Bishop Attila Miklósházy, S.J. was the main celebrant.

In an unheard of experimentation with the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite, the Mass was “concelebrated” by Bishop Miklósházy and at least eight (8) other priests—a practice only permitted in the Ordinary Form and unheard of in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite. The closest this Mass comes to concelebration is the ordination of a priest when the newly ordained is invited to assist in the Canon with the presiding Bishop. But this was not a concelebration as we understand it in the Ordinary Form—it was in fact the Bishop teaching the new priest to say the Mass.

Reports that the Mass would be celebrated have been known for a few weeks. In fact, it was made known ahead of time that the Mass would be celebrated versus populum. Perhaps, this could have been considered a valid alteration considering it is the Seminary and it would be helpful for the seminarians to view the rubrics. Yet, further investigation has revealed other serious liturgical abuses never anticipated by the motu proprio, Summorum Pontficum and as yet, unheard of in the blogosphere.

It seems that in addition to illicit concelebrating and facing the people the readings were in English. While this was anticipated in the motu proprio from an “approved translation” it is doubtful that Pope Benedict was referring to the New Revised Standard Version. One would assume that this would have at least been the translation in use in 1962, that of the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine.

It is also confirmed that Communion was received in the hand and that a cone of silence has been ordered by the seminary rector, Monsignor A. Robert Nusca.
Well, if the bishop was involved in he atrocity, I s'pose Rome becomes your first recourse.

WRITE!
This is terrible, putting a jewel of great price in the hands of swine....

They obviously don't know how to appreciate the TLM, or more sinister is perhaps their attempt to melt the two rites together so that the seminarians don't know what an authentic TLM looks like.

Someone really has to do something about this.....Please fisheaters,,, do something... before this kind of crazy experimentation is approved by Rome, like so many other abuses like alar girls and communion in the hand.
This was posted on a blog. It is hearsay. If true it is detraction, if false it is calumny. Let the people who were in attendance write the letters. This is none of our concern.
Looks like a fake, the main "celebrant" seems to have retired as far as 2006:

http://www.cccb.ca/site/content/view/1842/179/lang,eng/

See here also:

http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/bishop/bmik.html

DrBombay Wrote:This was posted on a blog. It is hearsay. If true it is detraction, if false it is calumny. Let the people who were in attendance write the letters. This is none of our concern.

Or it could have just been the NO mass in Latin (the way it was originally meant to be said) if it has basis in truth.
Very well said, Dr. Bombay. Best thing I ever read on FE.
Valz Wrote:Looks like a fake, the main "celebrant" seems to have retired as far as 2006:

http://www.cccb.ca/site/content/view/1842/179/lang,eng/

See here also:

http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/bishop/bmik.html

Hopefully it IS just a fake.

But it should be noted that bishops carry their title of bishop and still have the sacramental "powers" for the remainder of their lives (albeit at the reigning Ordinary's discretion).  Many are even asked to continue particular type of work apart from running the diocese, something like monitoring local seminaries could be a good example of a job that a retired bishop could continue to do.
Fr. Z reported this, and this was one of the coments:

Dear Father,

I was at the Mass. Versus Populum (which is an option) was done due to the arrangement of the sanctuary, there is not much room in front of the Altar. The bishop is very old and somethings had to be altered according to his physical mobility. The last line about the ‘cone of silence’ seems to be ridiculous as i never heard about it and if there was such silence why is it on the internet? and what kind of person who is asked to be silent would disrespect their rector (who is kind and orthodox and was good enough to go to the trouble to ask for the EF to be offered) and blab to the whole world? (who would trust this person’s perspective if they have such an attitude) For the integrity of your blog i would recommend you take this post off since it does no service to the promotion of the EF and charity at the seminary. I think it was as step and a positive one, negativity will not help at all for the future. the motto of the seminary is ‘Solis Instar Sola Regent Caritas’, that article does not reflect our motto at all and is a negative exaggeration, I especially do not like the use of the bishop’s name or the rector’s name in this article that is not a very good article, it does not respect their names so please take this off your site if you can. I am very surprised someone wrote such garbage and had the idea to post it on the internet.
thank-you kindly, In Corde Iesu,
Seminarian

So it's possible that this was not a concelebration, but a matter of an elderly bishop having to be assisted at the altar.
That brings up a good question: is versus populum actually an option for the TLM?