Imperial Cathedral of St. Bartholomew
Imperial Cathedral of St. Bartholomew Frankfurt Germany. This is the Church where the seven Imperial Electors (three ecclesiatic, four royal) held the Imperial election.The current ecclesiatic office holders:

The Three ecclesiatic Electors:

Archbishop of Mainz  Cardinal Lehmann Birthdate: May 16, 1936
Archbishop of Trier    Vacant November 30, 2007
Archbishop of Cologne Cardinal Meisner Birthdate: December 25, 1933

[Image: 003-AlterMarkt.jpg]

[Image: Wahlkapelle3.jpg]

"The Archbishop of Mainz took his place in the Chapel and called the other Electors one by one into the conclave: The Archbishops of Cologne and Trier, the Margrave of Brandenburg, the Count Palatine of the Rhine, the King of Bohemia and the Duke of Saxony.  With all assembled, the last vote heard was that of Mainz.  The results were then ceremoniously proclaimed inside the church, and the newly elected Kaiser, if he was present, was raised onto the high altar of the cathedral." http://www.altfrankfurt.com/Dom/

The above is just a little information on the Place of Imperial Election and the Current ecclesiatic office holders. The Archbishop of Mainz has the duty to call together the Imperial College for an Election, and he is the only one capable of doing so. But I doubt this current office holder will. (Cardinal Lehmann). But he should retire soon when reaches 75 in 2011.

Are you suggesting we'll see a re-instatement of the Holy Roman Empire?
Oh, and when I ask that I don't mean to ask strictly as the political body it was in the past.  So I guess I should say: do you see the Holy Roman Empire being re-instated or some formal organization centered around a formally-elected Holy Roman Emperor being brought into existence?
3Sanctus Wrote:Are you suggesting we'll see a re-reinstatement of the Holy Roman Empire?
No, just the Imperial Election for now. This is the only way to restore all things in Christ. The Next Imperial Election will not violate any modern International Peace Treaties nor will it violate International Law. The Next Imperial Election would be considered a just action. Whereas any attempt to restore the Habsburg Throne would be in violation of the 515 Peace Treaty. So it would be considered unjust to try to restore the Habsburg Throne for now. First things first.
3Sanctus Wrote:Oh, and when I ask that I don't mean to ask strictly as the political body it was in the past.  So I guess I should say: do you see the Holy Roman Empire being re-instated or some formal organization centered around a formally-elected Holy Roman Emperor being brought into existence?

Yes it is centered on the Office of the Roman Emperor. (A desk & chair will suffice) Once elected the Right Arm of the Church can decide on the course of action. It's is up to him to direct the Mystical Body of Christ on the temporal level.
Do you think His Holiness would crown en elected emperor (unless I'm mistaken the elected individual becomes the King of Germany - or some such thing - after election and Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire after coronation by the Holy Father)?  That goes for either the current Holy Father or for a future one, should this election not occur during the reign of Pope Benedict XVI.  Have you read anything on this elsewhere?
3Sanctus Wrote:Do you think His Holiness would crown en elected emperor (unless I'm mistaken the elected individual becomes the King of Germany - or some such thing - after election and Emperor of the Holy Roman Empire after coronation by the Holy Father)?  That goes for either the current Holy Father or for a future one, should this election not occur during the reign of Pope Benedict XVI.  Have you read anything on this elsewhere?

It is best to be crowned in Rome. It is most likely to happen considering the way things are turning out against Pope Benedict XVI with lifting of the SSPX excomunication. So it is a wait and see. Still think that the procession leading up the mountain as told to us by Sister Lucy is a procession after the Imperial crowning. (A thing the world would hate very much)
If so - and even if not - may Christ help us and our ever so brave Holy Father!
Seriously, someone answer this for me.

What's the fascination and worship of the Holy Roman Empire?

Apparently Cardinal Karl Lehmann is morally incapable of calling together any Imperial Election. It will be left to another…

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/...ssion.html
German bishops attack Vatican over Williamson re-admission
Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:35:58 GMT
DPA

Berlin - Catholic bishops in Germany attacked the Vatican Tuesday over the re-admission to the church of an ultra- traditionalist who denies evidence of the Holocaust, with one German cardinal demanding "a high-level apology."Last week, German-born Pope Benedict XVI ended the 21-year excommunication of Argentina-based Richard Williamson and three other bishops to heal a schism with the 600,000-strong Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX).

Cardinal Karl Lehmann, a former chairman of the German bishops' conference, told SWR public television in Germany the pope's decision to re-admit Williamson had been "a disaster for all Holocaust survivors."

Lehmann, who is bishop of Mainz, called for the Vatican officials who managed the re-admission to be disciplined and for the pope to reiterate that Holocaust denial was not a minor sin.

He did not elaborate on who should issue the "high-level apology," but said in remarks recorded Monday that the church must singlemindedly continue its dialogue with Jews.

Another of Germany's 27 chief bishops, Franz-Josef Bode of Osnabrueck, said the Catholic Church could not tolerate a Holocaust denier in its midst, but he also defended the pope. He said Benedict had sought to make peace, but had been badly advised.

In remarks quoted Monday, the archbishop of Hamburg, Werner Thissen, also accused Cardinal Dario Castrillon Hoyos, the Vatican official who oversaw the return of the SSPX to the church, of "sloppy" work on the case.

Thissen said the coincidence of Williamson's remarks with the end of the rift had been "dreadful."

German Jewish leaders have condemned the pope over the move. Charlotte Knobloch, president of the Central Council of Jews, said last week she would not accept Benedict's assurance of his solidarity with Jews until Williamson had been disciplined by the church.

[Image: 105_LehmanFool05.jpg]
Cardinal Karl Lehmann