German Chancellor Demands Pope Clarify Holocaust Stance
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090203/ap_o..._holocaust

Merkel: Pope must clarify Holocaust stance
  • By MELISSA EDDY, Associated Press Writer Melissa Eddy, Associated Press Writer Tue Feb 3, 4:38 pm ET
[-]
  •
And who, may I ask, does Chancellor Merkel think she is to demand clarifications from the Pope? Truly these people are slaves of the International Jewry.

From Jewish perfidy deliver us, O Lord.

This media report is actually a rather mild one.
Enough already...What's wrong with the world, and the media in particular?  Aren't there real stories in the world to report?

And just a side question here...How come only Christians (Catholics) are able to strain Jewish/Christian relations?  Why don't the Jews ever get called out in this regard whenever they strain the 'relation'Huh?
Cassius_Longinus Wrote:And just a side question here...How come only Christians (Catholics) are able to strain Jewish/Christian relations?  Why don't the Jews ever get called out in this regard whenever they strain the 'relation'Huh?

Because the Jews call the shots.
Cassius_Longinus Wrote:Enough already...What's wrong with the world, and the media in particular? Aren't there real stories in the world to report?
Self-interest and greed(which is an extension of that). After all, just as Peter King will be Favre's media apologist for as long as Brett keeps on going, so will the liberal reporters be the apologist for the Democratic Party liberalism.
StevusMagnus Wrote:As a young man in Germany, Benedict, then called Joseph Ratzinger, served briefly in the Hitler Youth corps as required.

I have to agree with the commentary by Fr. Z on this particular paragraph:

Quote:As a young man in Germany, Benedict, then called Joseph Ratzinger, served briefly [Wait for it… you knew it had to come….]  in the Hitler Youth corps[Entirely IRREPONSIBLE writing by AP.  They should be ASHAMED to mention this without the circumstances young Ratzinger was in, how he resisted and was forced into it, what happened in the war.]
This is trying to use this background from the Pope to make things "personal".

I hope and pray that the Pope ignores these people and just carries on with the discussions with the SSPX. I hope he does not caves in to their demands.

Valz
I pray a rosary every morning for the Holy Father.  I think that is the best way I can support him.
This is silly. Why should the Pope be asked to clarify the Church's stance on something that has nothing to do with the faith?

He can speak his personal opinion, just like +Williamson did. None of it is binding. Hate is already forbidden in the Church.
Neel: Merkel must make me a sandwich