Chefs?
Anyone else on FE a chef? Just curious.
I wish I were. Think I missed my calling.
The movie No Reservations made me wish I was a chef.

[Image: no_reservations.jpg]

I don't have a culinary degree, but I've been around enough chefs to know that I don't like them.  As a whole, they are arrogant self-important bombasts without a shred of decency.  College dropouts who tried to justify their awful life by backdooring their arrogant snobbery.

I hope there's no chefs here.
I'm no "chef" by any means.

I can cook though, especially common daily dishes like steaks or fish. That's largely due to my rather long experience as a college student living by myself in a distant city away from home.
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:I don't have a culinary degree, but I've been around enough chefs to know that I don't like them.  As a whole, they are arrogant self-important bombasts without a shred of decency.  College dropouts who tried to justify their awful life by backdooring their arrogant snobbery.

I hope there's no chefs here.

That's pretty much on the dot. I have been a chef for approx 5 years and have hated it. I'll be getting my degree soon, so as soon as I do, f*** the restaurant biz.
antimodernist Wrote:Anyone else on FE a chef? Just curious.

I love cooking I'll be going to culinary school this fall.
Baskerville Wrote:
antimodernist Wrote:Anyone else on FE a chef? Just curious.

I love cooking Ill be going to culinary school this fall.

I'll be honest with you, if you haven't worked in a restaurant, you might want to before going to culinary school. You'll be suprised how different culinary school is from the restaurant business in the real world. It's a tough line of work, and a lot of the time it's a harsh enviroment for a Catholic.
Don't get me wrong. Not all chefs are jerks. I've worked for some pretty decent people, but I've worked for more jerks than decent people.