Fire in Chicago Cathedral
Bonifacio Wrote:It's a miracle he actually wrote that. I was hoping something more in the lines of "representing the body of Christ", a prevalent heresy that plagues the Church and the world.

Come to think of it, you're right about that.  I'll have to both congratulate and admonish him.  Or what comes to the same thing, educate him.

Jon
JonW Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:It's a miracle he actually wrote that. I was hoping something more in the lines of "representing the body of Christ", a prevalent heresy that plagues the Church and the world.

Come to think of it, you're right about that.  I'll have to both congratulate and admonish him.  Or what comes to the same thing, educate him.

A beautiful work of spiritual mercy. God bless you.
I'm pretty sure Holy Name Cathedral was wreckovated sometime in the past, the High Altar and side altars torn out, etc. It's of course unfortunate that the fire occurred, but I think the major damage to the structure was done many years ago, quite intentionally.

I'm willing to be corrected if wrong.....
I wonder if we'll see another L.A. cathedral put up in its place (Good Lord, deliver us!).  Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

And yes, God will not be mocked.
DrBombay Wrote:I'm pretty sure Holy Name Cathedral was wreckovated sometime in the past, the High Altar and side altars torn out, etc. It's of course unfortunate that the fire occurred, but I think the major damage to the structure was done many years ago, quite intentionally.

Perhaps this will provide an oppurtunity beautify and restore the interior of the cathedral.
Caesar Wrote:Perhaps this will provide an opportunity beautify and restore the interior of the cathedral.
How I wish that could be true.

Bonifacio Wrote:
JonW Wrote:I will have to take him to task for saying that the Host is merely "the body of Christ", rather than the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ.

It's a miracle he actually wrote that. I was hoping something more in the lines of "representing the body of Christ", a prevalent heresy that plagues the Church and the world.

Well, at the N.O., they do say "The Body of Christ" to each communicant.  That's probably exactly what the reporter was told, too.
SmileBugMG Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:
JonW Wrote:I will have to take him to task for saying that the Host is merely "the body of Christ", rather than the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Christ.

It's a miracle he actually wrote that. I was hoping something more in the lines of "representing the body of Christ", a prevalent heresy that plagues the Church and the world.

Well, at the N.O., they do say "The Body of Christ" to each communicant.  That's probably exactly what the reporter was told, too.

It's another way to look at the matter. They say "Body of Christ", so do some protestant sects, the problem for them is to believe it is the Body of Christ.
Caesar Wrote:
DrBombay Wrote:I'm pretty sure Holy Name Cathedral was wreckovated sometime in the past, the High Altar and side altars torn out, etc. It's of course unfortunate that the fire occurred, but I think the major damage to the structure was done many years ago, quite intentionally.

Perhaps this will provide an oppurtunity beautify and restore the interior of the cathedral.

Ask me if I believe in miracles.  Yes I do.
Ask me if I believe in this particular miracle.  Very doubtful.
Ask me if I believe we'll get either a concrete box or a Pizza Hut in the Cathedral's place.  Very likely.  [Image: sad.gif]

mike6240 Wrote:Ask me if I believe we'll get either a concrete box or a Pizza Hut in the Cathedral's place.  Very likely.  [Image: sad.gif]

They are not going to tear anything down.  They will simply rebuild the roof.