Ferrara on Lifting of SSPX Excommunications, Vatican II, and Williamson

Note from the Vatican Secretary of State

[Image: fleur_s.gif]

On the Lifting of SSPX Excommunications,

Vatican II, and the Williamson “Affair”

[-]
  •
newschoolman Wrote:[+Williamson] could deflate instantly the entire worldwide agitprop campaign

Totally false! The agitprop campaign is the result of SSPX core beliefs and would not deflate until the SSPX renounced those beliefs.

Quote:There is no good reason—and certainly no reason pertaining to the Faith— for the Bishop not to issue such a statement immediately.
That would be lying if +Williamson believes his statements. Even if he no longer believes his statements, a secular issue can never be made test of religious faith.

Quote:I implore Bishop Williamson, in God’s name, to remove himself from the hands of Tradition’s opponents, who are wielding him like a club against the traditionalist movement, the Pope and the Church at large.
Longtime heretic Cdl. Kasper is the Vatican front-man wielding the club. +Williamson was already silenced, banished, forced to apologize. Kasper should receive no less a punishment.
Ferrara is, regrettably, freaking out just as he freaked out at the thought of Trads not voting for John McLame, even implying it would be a sin not to. His excuse there was based on the supposed consequence of not doing so, which, in his opinion, would mean the death of civilization as we know it.

In the same manner he now crazily demands Bishop Williamson to lie and do a 180, totally discrediting himslf by denying views he's held for years in order to save the Traditional Catholic movement from apparent imminent destruction.

Forgive me if I see a pattern of alarmism in Mr. Ferrara.

That said, I think his suggestion at the end for Williamson, contrary to his previous advice in the article to have Williamson "renounce" his own opinions, may work.

Quote:if he would issue a simple statement admitting that he has spoken on a matter in which he has no competence,  withdrawing his opinions, and apologizing to the Pope, the faithful, and all those he has offended.

If the Bishop simply says this, and no more, he doesn't have to renounce his positions, but he does withdraw his comments and admits he has no competency or authority on the matter and apologizes again. If this works, I say go for it! This way the Bishop isn't turned into a liar for repudiating his own beliefs plus it helps this issue go away.
"...if he would issue a simple statement admitting that he has spoken on a matter in which he has no competence,  withdrawing his opinions, and apologizing to the Pope, the faithful, and all those he has offended."

This theory is absurdly naive. And it demonstrates the garbage coming out of the Remnant and its writers these days. The international Jewish "community" and its fellow travelers in the liberal media would never be satisfied with a matter-of-fact statement of this sort. In fact, no apology from Bishop Williamson would ever suffice. The Jew's position: once a "holocaust denier, always a holocaust denier." Does anyone really believe the Jews "forgave" Mel Gibson after he apologized for his "anti-Jewish" remarks?

No, for the Jews, Bishop Williamson is merely a useful tool in this whole sordid affair. Their real target is the traditional Catholic faith.

I hope Bishop Williamson tells the Vatican "no deal -- my personal views are my business." If that keeps him from becoming an "official" Catholic bishop, so be it.
AMEN!
StevusMagnus Wrote:If the Bishop simply says this, and no more, he doesn't have to renounce his positions, but he does withdraw his comments and admits he has no competency or authority on the matter and apologizes again. If this works, I say go for it! This way the Bishop isn't turned into a liar for repudiating his own beliefs plus it helps this issue go away.
That could only make sense as face-saving gesture for the Vatican in a package that involved removing the toxic Kasper. If Kasper stays, no deal but thanks for the excom remissions anyway.

I think Ferrara makes some good observations:

1) Only a sedevacantist would have problems recognizing the Magisterium since Piius XII and recognizing Vatican II as part of that Magisterium.

2) Bishop Williamson should simply recant (why not?).  Not only the Vatican -- but even Bishop Fellay seems to be demanding this.
Why should he? Why is the vatican and fellay demanding it? Why? Who is demanding it of them?
Why should he? Why is the vatican and fellay demanding it? Why? Who is demanding it of them?
Quote: Why should he?

Maybe there is more at stake than just his ego.