The Pope has spoken clearly
newschoolman Wrote:I am at a loss why any Catholic would refuse to adopt the Pope's words (above) as his own.
Does it bother you that the Pope only does these things in obsequious response to external prodding and threats?
newschoolman Wrote:
Quote: Williamson does not defend Nazi ideology.

Has he ever condemned the actions of Hitler or the Nazi regime?  Do you have a quote?
Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?
Bonifacio Wrote:
newschoolman Wrote:

Has he ever condemned the actions of Hitler or the Nazi regime?  Do you have a quote?

Does he need to? Is that a new article of the Creed to be professed aloud every Sunday?

I have never heard him condemn the actions -- and the circumstances seem to call for it (understatement!).  Did he possibly think that Hitler was justified in his actions by ridding the world of "trouble-makers?"  Just ask'n. 
Marc Wrote:
newschoolman Wrote:

Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?

I'll take that as a "no"
newschoolman Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:
newschoolman Wrote:

Does he need to? Is that a new article of the Creed to be professed aloud every Sunday?

I have never heard him condemn the actions -- and the circumstances seem to call for it (understatement!).  Did he possibly think that Hitler was justified in his actions by ridding the world of "trouble-makers?"  Just ask'n. 

Now you are engaging in calumny.
newschoolman Wrote:I have never heard him condemn the actions -- and the circumstances seem to call for it (understatement!).  Did he possibly think that Hitler was justified in his actions by ridding the world of "trouble-makers?"  Just ask'n.

Your insinuations regarding H.E. Bishop Williamson are absolutely insulting! It's sheer calumny! You speak like a true enemy of Christ.

Consider this conversation terminated.
Quote: Now you are engaging in calumny.

No, I simply ask for a single quote from +Williamson where he absolutely and unequivocally condemns the actions of Hitler and the Nazi regime.  I think you will be hard pressed to find one.
Calumny against a Bishop isn't acceptable. There must be some reasonable medium we can strike when discussing this!
newschoolman Wrote:
Quote: Now you are engaging in calumny.

No, I simply ask for a single quote from +Williamson where he absolutely and unequivocally condemns the actions of Hitler and the Nazi regime.  I think you will be hard pressed to find one.

No - you said "Did he possibly think that Hitler was justified in his actions by ridding the world of "trouble-makers?" Just ask'n."

You weren't "just ask'n." You were making an insinuation.

You need to present evidence for that, otherwise, it is calumny.
This is how Bishop Williamson could say it.  I took liberty with some of the edits....

Quote:This year, 2005, marks the 60th anniversary of

the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps,

in which [millions] [lots] of Jews

- men, women and children -

were put to death [in horable ways]

in the [gas chambers and ovens] . ..."

"... All Christians must feel committed to bearing this witness in order to prevent humanity of the third millennium from once again experiencing horrors similar to those tragically called to mind by the extermination camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau. It was precisely in that place, sadly famous throughout the world, that I chose to stop before returning to Rome.
Hitler had more than [6 million Jews] [a large number]

exterminated in the camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau and in other similar camps.
About 150,000 Poles and tens of thousands of men and women of other nationalities died at Auschwitz-Birkenau. In the face of the horror of Auschwitz there is no other response than the Cross of Christ: Love descended to the very depths of the abyss of evil to save man in his core, where human freedom can rebel against God.
May contemporary humanity never forget Auschwitz or the other "death factories" where the Nazi regime attempted to eliminate God in order to replace him! May it not succumb to the temptation of racial hatred which is at the root of the worst forms of anti-Semitism! May people recognize once again that God is the Father of all and calls us all, in Christ, to build a world of justice, truth and peace together! ..."