The Pope has spoken clearly
Newschoolman, you're absolutely disgusting.

For God's sake, consider what you're doing by calumniating H.E. Bishop Williamson.
newschoolman Wrote:
Quote: Now you are engaging in calumny.

No, I simply ask for a single quote from +Williamson where he absolutely and unequivocally condemns the actions of Hitler and the Nazi regime.  I think you will be hard pressed to find one.

Bishop Williamson condemns the murder of innocent men, women, and children, both Jew and gentile alike, every time he professes fidelity to the Catholic Faith and to Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  He expresses fidelity to Christ in unequivocal terms, and this, in itself, should be enough evidence that he stands by and upholds the laws of Our Lord, especially the Fifth Commandment.

That is what being a Catholic means, which Bishop Williamson understands, and we who understand it as well don't need the good bishop to jump through the hoops of those idolaters who expect him to kowtow to worldly powers.
At this point I think the question is not unreasonable.  Bishop Williamson apologized (only) for the consequences of his words -- making no attempt to condemn the evil of Hitler or Nazism. 

Bishop Fellay is reportedly furious with him.  Why?  What is the real motivation for quibling over the number and method of death of the Jews -- and why excuse the Nazi's from having a determined "policy" in the matter.  

Let the Bishop clear the air  by condemning Hitler and the Nazi regime clearly and unequivocally.  Is that so difficult? 
He admitted  300,000 Jews died in Nazi concentration camps. Unless the Bishop somehow believes "thou shalt not kill" is not a commandment, he just admitted that the Nazi's were guilty of murder 300,000 times over. And that's just Jews.

Has Benedict publicly condemned Stalin? If not, does that make him complicit in secretly approving of Stalin's genocides?
I said wouldn't engage in conversation with you again but I can't help asking you:

newschoolman Wrote:Let the Bishop clear the air  by condemning Hitler and the Nazi regime clearly and unequivocally.  Is that so difficult? 

Can't you stop insinuating that H.E. Bishop Williamson is a closet-Nazi? Is respecting such a unquestionably orthodox bishop of the Church so difficult for you? Stop the calumny! Cease! Desist from your perfidious rant!

This is sickening.
newschoolman Wrote:At this point I think the question is not unreasonable.  Bishop Williamson apologized (only) for the consequences of his words -- making no attempt to condemn the evil of Hitler or Nazism. 

At no point has Bishop Williamson attempted to exonerate Hitler or the Nazis.  Questioning their methods of murder, the number they murdered, or whether they murdered as a part of an extermination policy is not an attempt to excuse them, because all the while, the acknowledgment of murder is made.  My question for you is:

Why do YOU require Bishop Williamson to condemn Hitler and the Nazis?  You know he is a devout Catholic, so you should know better.
Ah, I found a quote from a Winona letter where he "condemns" the Nazis:

Quote:
Unfortunately, one may say, yes, because if he made the surface nice, most of his audience would look no deeper. Their minds would happily click back into their normal Hollywood or "Sound of Music" mode. The world is sweet, all men are nice (except Nazis), life is a game, nobody goes to Hell. Serious Western artists have for the last 200 years been making their work uglier and uglier, partly to reflect Western reality, partly to shock Westerners into realizing what that reality is - the soul is more and more lost.
http://www.sspx.ca/Documents/Bishop-Will...2-1998.htm

newschoolman Wrote:Ah, I found a quote from a Winona letter where he "condemns" the Nazis:

Do you have some sort of vendetta against Bishop Williamson? 
newschoolman Wrote:
Quote: Now you are engaging in calumny.

No, I simply ask for a single quote from +Williamson where he absolutely and unequivocally condemns the actions of Hitler and the Nazi regime.  I think you will be hard pressed to find one.

NSM, please produce one quote where Pope Benedict absolutely and unequivocally condemns the actions of Stalin and the Communist regime. Do the same for Mao Zedong, Pol Pot, etc. If you can't do it, that means Pope Benedict supports all of these men,  their parties, and their genocides.
Quote: Questioning their methods of murder...

I don't recall the word "murder" being used.  I recall him speaking about the "death" of Jews -- but he seemed to deny there being any "deliberate policy" in connection with the deaths in concentration camps.  What does that mean?