SSPX unwelcome and Pope to step down?
German Central Council of Jews rules all of SSPX unwelcome and Vatican official predicts Pope will step down

Quote:Vatican 'Horrified' by Criticism from Germany http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,605714,00.html

02/05/2009
[...]Still, according to a German politician who met with Benedict following the papal audience on Wednesday, the pope is angry at the tone of German criticism.
There is still hope.

Quote:"The Vatican is horrified by the discussion in Germany," Georg Brunnhuber, a parliamentarian from Chancellor Angela Merkel's Christian Democrats (CDU), told the Financial Times Deutschland. "The impression there is that all of the anti-Catholic resentments hiding under the surface in Germany are now coming to the surface."
This "impression" is a cheap hat trick by the magicians of media.

Quote:The comments from Merkel, in particular, have raised eyebrows both in the Vatican and elsewhere. On Tuesday the German chancellor said Holocaust denial was unacceptable and that Pope Benedict XVI hadn't made a "sufficient clarification" regarding the church's attitude toward Williamson's Holocaust remarks. Some have credited Merkel with spurring Wednesday's demand by the Vatican that Williamson publicly retract his views. Many, though, see her comments as unacceptable interference into an internal church matter.
[...]Franz Müntefering, the head of the center-left Social Democrats and himself a Catholic, said "it is a bad historical error that the church needs to correct as quickly as it can." He said a statement from the Vatican won't be enough. The head of the Catholic Church, he said, "has just clearly demonstrated that even a pope isn't infallible." The Central Council of Jews in Germany now says the Catholic Church should turn its back on SSPX altogether, saying that it can't continue a dialogue if the church accepts the ultra-conservative group as formal members. Williamson isn't the only Holocaust denier among the St. Pius X followers, and the Web site argues that Jews are guilty of "deicide" for crucifying Jesus.
After Pope Benedict XVI withdrew the decree of excommunication on all four SSPX bishops (and reportedly agreed to set up a juridical structure by February 2), the German Central Council of Jews immediately called for and "outcry in the church against such actions from the pope."

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/apologia/vpost?id=3264403

The next day, previously positive German-speaking bishops and theologians exploded in viscous condemnation against the Holy Father. Chief among these was the Vatican official Cdl. Kasper who vented his frustration at being kept in the dark about the SSPX reconciliation on the German language Vatican Radio.
Quote:As frustrated as the pope may be about the continuing debate, at least one Vatican insider thinks Benedict may even consider turning in his resignation. Father Eberhard von Gemmingen, head of the German language staff at Radio Vatican, said the pope "has his back to the wall," in comments to German radio. "As I know the pope," he said, "then it is certainly possible that he has thought to himself: 'At some point I might have to step down so that the papacy is respected.'"
It is Vatican plotters Cdl. Kasper and Father Eberhard von Gemmingen that "have to step down so that the papacy is respected."

Hopefully, it will show the Pope who his friends really are. I feel badly for him, as he is getting nothing but grief at the moment; I hope some word of the gratitude and approval for his decision makes it through.
 The more I think about it, though, the  Feb 2 date seems unlikely for a full structure to be set up, I don't think l'affaire Williamson was responsible. The Vatican bureauracracy moves likes an elephant when it sets up these structures.
Anastasia Wrote:Hopefully, it will show the Pope who his friends really are. I feel badly for him, as he is getting nothing but grief at the moment; I hope some word of the gratitude and approval for his decision makes it through.
 The more I think about it, though, the  Feb 2 date seems unlikely for a full structure to be set up, I don't think l'affaire Williamson was responsible. The Vatican bureauracracy moves likes an elephant when it sets up these structures.

Yeah, especially since Feb 2nd has already passed. [Image: laff.gif]
ok, seemed, then!
The German Central Council of Jews has already forced the Vatican to renege on its previous understanding with the SSPX with an addition requirement that the Society is now supposed to accept that the Holocaust is part of Church dogma.

If this Council succeeds in calling off regularization altogether, we can justifiably say that the SSPX made its best effort at regularization with the Vatican but was sadly rebuffed by the Church's enemies.

If this Pope is chased out by Jews, it will radicalize most trads and maybe even some neocons will come over. I cant believe I'm saying this, but I might even go totally SSPX then.
7HolyCats Wrote:If this Pope is chased out by Jews, it will radicalize most trads and maybe even some neocons will come over. I cant believe I'm saying this, but I might even go totally SSPX then.
With God's grace there will be unity among trad groups to end pernicious squabbling in the face of a common enemy.
Oh, please.  Why do any of us even bother to read this garbage?
columba Wrote:
7HolyCats Wrote:If this Pope is chased out by Jews, it will radicalize most trads and maybe even some neocons will come over. I cant believe I'm saying this, but I might even go totally SSPX then.
With God's grace there will be unity among trad groups to stop the pernicious squabbling in the face of a common enemy.

Now I know why He rested on the seventh day.

Jolly good thing He is omnipotent.
Can you imagine if the Holy Father resigned and Kaspar became Pope?

If this happened, I'd have to take a strong look at Sedevacantism...