Why the pro-life movement has failed
brotherfrancis Wrote:What's the deal with Germans?

Well, my amnesiac brother-in-Christ, speaking for "Germans," did you ever hear of that minor episode named "World Wars One and Two"? The REASON Germany is so horribly oppressed today is because from 1937 the Yankees (might that be you?) led by FDR chose without any moral justification to butcher in cold blood over 20,000,000 innocent German Catholics and Protestants, bombed Christian Europe into ruins, then raped the women and imposed extremely unjust laws making almost anything a thought crime and are still currently maintaining an oppressive colonial regime in power through the brutal occupation of Germany by the (your?) Yankee military. Then your Yankee Cardinal Spellman of New York arranged the murder of Saint Pope Pius XII and your Yankee Cardinal Cushing of Boston financed the subversion of Vatican II.
If the (you?) Yankee military occupiers would get their (your?) heathen asses out of Christian Europe ASAP, then the Christian natives of Europe would be able to begin to enjoy some Christian Liberty for a change.
Might your false sanctimony have some limit? If you're offended by a blunt reply, then it were wise not to utter such a gross insult against innocent German victims of your own incomparably brutal vicious anti-Catholic Yankee nation. Any Catholic Southrons out there? Someone should defend the innocent.

*sigh*

Here we go.

The 1937 Yankees were led by Joe McCarthy, not anyone on Fisheaters.  McCarthy was named the manager in 1931 after a stint with the Chicago Cubs and skippered the Yankees for 15 years-- becoming the first manager to win pennants in both the National and American Leagues.

But the real leaders of the '37 Bronx Bombers were Joe DiMaggio, Lou Gehrig and Bill Dickey who each hit over .330 that year, taking the team to a remarkable 102-52 season.  That year the New York Yankees beat the New York Giants in a 5-game World Series.

That's back when it was good to be a Yankees fan.  These days, it probably means you're a fool. 
It should be noted that Boston's Cardinal Cushing was not a Yankees fan.  The Archdiocese actually had a huge number of season tickets to see the Red Sox and the Cardinal would give whole sections to the religious in Boston.  It was pretty common to see a big section of nuns in full habit in the stands just past third base.

Oh, and by the way, the Venerable Pope Pius XII is not a saint.  Just so you know.

Anastasia Wrote:That article pretty much summed up what Catholics have been saying for years, but I'm interested in which journal it was published? It might reach a few more people in a politically conservative, though not Catholic, paper.
And seriously, everybody, the Jews are not to blame for every single bad thing in life. It's called original sin.

Anastasia. They are not to blame for everything. Isn't that something of a strawman, sort of like throwing out the Protocols whenever anyone speaks of the extent of Jewish power?

Don't you think it's important for people to know that a huge proportion of the money of the Democratic Party comes from Jews? That the Democratic Party has a fanatical policy of supporting abortion? That the two last appointments to the Supreme Court were pro-abortion Jews? That around 80% (hopefully I'll have some links soon, from the GSS) of Jews believe that abortion should be legal "for any reason"? They support it "for any reason" even more than those who identify as extreme liberal. That comparing abortion to the holocaust is considered a crime in Germany? That Henry Morgenthaler, a Jewish abortionist, was given the highest civilian honor in Canada? That some of the main leaders of the pro-abortion Feminist movement and the most strident pro-abortion Senators, Betty Friedan, Gloria Steinem, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, etc, are Jews?

Now, if it is fair to say that some of the strongest support for the pro-life position comes from Catholics, how is it unfair to say that the strongest support for abortion comes from Jews?

kjvail Wrote:. By hitching their star to the Republican Party, and approaching the issue as a legal rather than a deeper philosophical theological and thus cultural crisis, the prospects for success were always likely to fail to the extent that there was an unwillingness to confront the broader "culture of choice" that is the hallmark of modern civilization.

Well put, the Constitution Party is 100% pro-life nationally, yet gets no mention or support at all...just blowing in the wind......better be at GOP King's table, I guess, then have the guts to finally leave GOP and start supporting another option, as did many in mid-1850's, leaving Whigs to crumble...
Yes, a lot of Jews, practicing or not, support abortion, but many don't. They can't all be tarred with the same brush.  The atheists are almost 100% pro-abortion, and every bit as much to blame. Abortion existed long before the Jews had any power, and is a sign of a lack of respect for human dignity, not of a particular religion. That's why it was so commonplace in pagan society.
Not for nothing Bro -Francis, even though I agree with some of what you stated, perhaps you should get your own act together over there in Deutschland first before you railing against us here across the pond.

Especially when you have this thing running your country;

[Image: ra1691700825.jpg]
Who are all these idiots? 1 post marks a troll no doubt... oh well. I don't feed trolls so I'll respond to the one sensible poster on the thread.

Anastasia Wrote:That article pretty much summed up what Catholics have been saying for years, but I'm interested in which journal it was published? It might reach a few more people in a politically conservative, though not Catholic, paper.

It's actually a blog, Postmodern Conservative which is probably about ready to move since its host, Culture11, is going out of business.
Where it will land I'm not sure. The regular contributors include some pretty big names on the intellectual right, such as Peter Augustine Lawler who pops up everywhere on the net and in conservative literature .
Their stated objective is a rethink of "conservative" political philosophy and related topics along the lines of postmodern philosophy and theology. It's pretty heady stuff, but I enjoy it a lot. I been getting into a lot of postmodern stuff - postmodernism understood as a critique of and at least partial repudiation of modernity (roughly the Renaissance til the mid 20th century). You find this in some circles on the right and in Radical Orthodoxy, a theology by John Milbank et. al.

WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:Oh, and by the way, the Venerable Pope Pius XII is not a saint.  Just so you know.

All we can say is that H.H. Pope Pius XII hasn't been yet declared a saint by the Church, thus we cannot know with certainty that he is in Heaven. Similarly, you cannot say with certainty that His Holiness is not a saint, and thus not in Heaven, since God is the one who makes saints and the Church limits herself to pointing them out. Since the matter is still currently under investigation, I wouldn't rush into claiming that His Holiness was or was not a saint.

Obviously it's not God's fault if the Church hasn't declared H.H. Pope Pius XII to be a saint (yet). I'd prudently refrain from any absolute affirmation or negation of his sainthood now and limit myself to say that the late Pope was renowned as a saintly person and a great Pontiff.
Bonifacio Wrote:I'd prudently refrain from any absolute affirmation or negation of his sainthood now and limit myself to say that the late Pope was renowned as a saintly person and a great Pontiff.

I ask his intercession--you never know, maybe I'll get to report the necessary miracle to Rome [Image: smile.gif] 
Quote:Yes, a lot of Jews, practicing or not, support abortion, but many don't. They can't all be tarred with the same brush.

It's not tarring with the same brush. It's telling the truth, that the majority of Jews have an anti-Christian attitude because of their Jewish identity and a desire to promote abortion and their leaders work to that end. They must be held publically accountable for what they're doing. Linda Chavez's husband is "pro-life." You should read about the way their PAC scammed donations from pro-lifers.

Quote:In particular The atheists are almost 100% pro-abortion, and every bit as much to blame. Abortion existed long before the Jews had any power, and is a sign of a lack of respect for human dignity, not of a particular religion. That's why it was so commonplace in pagan society.

Once again, that's diverting the discussion. I doubt you'd be accused of having some sort of "sinful" opinion if you pointed out that rabid secularists are promoters of abortion. If it is fair to say devout Catholics represent a strong force against abortion then it's fair to say anti-Christian Jews are a powerful force for abortion.
SaintSebastian Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:I'd prudently refrain from any absolute affirmation or negation of his sainthood now and limit myself to say that the late Pope was renowned as a saintly person and a great Pontiff.

I ask his intercession--you never know, maybe I'll get to report the necessary miracle to Rome [Image: smile.gif] 

You're piously allowed to do so. I'm confident that His Holiness' process of canonization will meet with a happy end, despite the backstage machinations of the fanatical Judaizers.