Why the pro-life movement has failed
I have to admit, something about the pro-life movement is ultimately wimpy. Don't get me wrong, I'm strongly pro-life. But in the political sphere, pro-lifers are mega-losers.

Telemaque Wrote:ABSURD? No, it's ABSURD to say the Jews are not one of the main forces behind legal abortion in this country. That's the reality - it needs to be admitted and exposed.

That may be true. But so are Catholics, unfortunately.
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:I have to admit, something about the pro-life movement is ultimately wimpy. Don't get me wrong, I'm strongly pro-life. But in the political sphere, pro-lifers are mega-losers.

Telemaque Wrote:ABSURD? No, it's ABSURD to say the Jews are not one of the main forces behind legal abortion in this country. That's the reality - it needs to be admitted and exposed.

That may be true. But so are Catholics, unfortunately.

Modernist, liberal, or fallen away Catholics, yes. You'll see no shortage of criticism of them from me.

We've said it a million times, but here's once more: legal abortion is caused by a culture of death mentality that is separate from the Jews. Some support it, some don't. Like most christians, in fact. In order to stop abortion, we work to change this mentality, and foster a respect for life. Talking about the Jews all the time achieves nothing.
At the same time, there are also various Jewish pro-life groups who argue that pro-life is an essential part of Judaism.
Anastasia Wrote:We've said it a million times, but here's once more: legal abortion is caused by a culture of death mentality that is separate from the Jews.

Sorry - it's not separate from them. It's something heavily promoted by leading anti-Christian Jews. If someone is unwilling to rebuke them for it then they put political correctness over their Catholic Faith.

Quote:Some support it, some don't. Like most christians, in fact. In order to stop abortion, we work to change this mentality, and foster a respect for life. Talking about the Jews all the time achieves nothing.

No, failing to recognize the Jewish hatred of our Faith leads to a situation where the the pope "has his back to the wall,"(Der Spiegel link) with few willing to defend him because "fear of the Jews."

Catholic doctrine, representations of the Passion, prayers of the Mass are things the Jewish organizations demand be censored or altered because they are considered "antisemitic."

http://www.fisheaters.com/jewsvaticanii.html

This has everything to do with Jews, just as the persecution of the Church in the Gospels had to do with Jews. The Synagogue of Satan is still trying to do it today. You can face them or you can refuse to speak "for fear of the Jews."
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:At the same time, there are also various Jewish pro-life groups who argue that pro-life is an essential part of Judaism.

Yes, there are a some "pro-life" Jews, although their position is not the Catholic position.

Nicodemus and Joseph of Arimathea were followers of Christ.

They were true Jews, not those who

"say that they are Jews, and are not, but lie"

http://bible.cc/revelation/3-9.htm

It doesn't mean the Pharisees didn't seek the death of Christ.
How does the Good Friday prayer debacle relate to the abortion question? It doesn't! Stopping abortion is about changing the culture of death mentality, not obsessing over the Jews. I've yet to hear of a single case where all this talk about them changed one woman's mind. If you're out in front of the clinic, the women you're trying to reach couldn't care less about Jewish finances.
Anastasia Wrote:How does the Good Friday prayer debacle relate to the abortion question? It doesn't!

Yes it does. It is absolutely connected to the Jewish hatred of our Faith, which makes them among the strongest advocates of abortion. It has everything to do with their efforts to keep anyone from speaking about them in a way they don't like. The reason the Good Friday Prayer was changed in the Novus Ordo, the reason Kasper says the new prayer for the Old Rite doesn't actually call for conversion is the same reason that people are afraid to point out the Jewish role in promoting abortion.

Quote:Stopping abortion is about changing the culture of death mentality, not obsessing over the Jews.

It's partly about changing the laws and changing the messages that people hear. When the Jews in the media and on the Supreme Court and in Congress and in the Obama administration stop promoting abortion out of hatred of a Christian society, then people can stop "obsessing" about them - ie - pointing out their influence.

Quote:I've yet to hear of a single case where all this talk about them changed one woman's mind. If you're out in front of the clinic, the women you're trying to reach couldn't care less about Jewish finances.

It's not up to the individual woman. It's not a "choice." (the word "choice" suggesting that there's a legitimate option) This is about the laws that our society should have, which is a different matter than the case of an individual woman tempted to have an abortion. Suggesting that I'm going to talk about Jewish finance in front of an abortion clinic is an absurd straw man.
Under the current laws, it is up to the woman, which is why we try to get them to change their minds in front of the clinic!  Changing the laws and changing the message people hear requires getting a majority to think that abortion is wrong. This is done by fostering respect for human life, and putting out scientific evidence to show when it starts. Now, most of Americans are not Jewish. Obama isn't Jewish, most of the Democrats in Congress are not Jewish, so they aren't acting out of a jewish hatred for catholicism. To conclude:
1) speaking to women by the clinics reduces abortions
2) Helping at pregnanct centers reduces abortions
3) Passing bit-by-bit restrictive laws on abortions reduces them.
So, out of curiosity, if all these jewish guys are busy supporting abortion, how do you plan to stop them?
Anastasia Wrote:Under the current laws, it is up to the woman, which is why we try to get them to change their minds in front of the clinic! 

And trying to change a woman's mind in front of the clinic is not the same as trying to change the laws. I'm speaking about the promotion of abortion by our government and media.

Quote: Changing the laws and changing the message people hear requires getting a majority to think that abortion is wrong.

Changing the laws to permit abortion didn't require a majority though, did it? This isn't just about winning a majority to our opinion. This is about the structure of power that rules over us.

Quote:This is done by fostering respect for human life, and putting out scientific evidence to show when it starts.

It's drowned out by the propaganda in the media. It hasn't worked.

Quote: Now, most of Americans are not Jewish. Obama isn't Jewish, most of the Democrats in Congress are not Jewish, so they aren't acting out of a jewish hatred for catholicism.

No, they themselves aren't. But they are heavily influenced by Jews who do have a hatred of a Christian society, and the source of that influence must be pointed out. It needs to be pointed out, for example, that abortion partisan Rahm Emmanuel is the son of a Zionist terrorist, and is Obama's Chief of Staff.

Quote:To conclude:
1) speaking to women by the clinics reduces abortions
2) Helping at pregnanct centers reduces abortions
3) Passing bit-by-bit restrictive laws on abortions reduces them.
So, out of curiosity, if all these jewish guys are busy supporting abortion, how do you plan to stop them?

How can they be stopped? Well, the first thing that must be done is that they must be exposed. Catholics must overcome their fear of exposing and confronting them. It may not stop them, but it will make them have to face public exposure of their activities.