Why the pro-life movement has failed
Yes, it did require a majority, that's why several stated had already legalized abortion before Roe v Wade.
Yes, putting that information out there does work, that's why abortions have decreased in recent years.
And finally, since your posts are supposed to expose this jewish conspiracy, that should do it, right? Now they're exposed, there won't be any more abortions?
Anastasia Wrote:Yes, it did require a majority, that's why several stated had already legalized abortion before Roe v Wade.

It didn't require a majority to make legal abortion a "Constitutional Right" that is "settled" so far as most of the legal community is concerned. Right? Why are you quibbling?

Quote:Yes, putting that information out there does work, that's why abortions have decreased in recent years.

It hasn't worked well in changing the laws. That's what I meant.

Quote:And finally, since your posts are supposed to expose this jewish conspiracy, that should do it, right? Now they're exposed, there won't be any more abortions?

When it's not me but every devout Catholic with a public voice, then there will be a big difference. But most pro-life Catholics don't want to accept it or talk about it. They're too busy with organizations that endorses Fred Thompson (NRLC), or getting swindled by Linda Chavez's husband's "pro-life" pac. Or saying that they "stand in solidarity" with the Jews when many Jews and Jewish organizations with which there is supposedly dialogue vilify and try to undermine our Faith.

Even if it saying these things ultimately had not impact, it would be the truth, there is nothing wrong with saying it. If saying the "Jews are doing X" is anti-semitic then the New Testament is anti-semitic. If saying the Jews are against our Church is anti-semitic then Christ and the Apostles must be considered anti-semitic. Ultimately caving into Jewish demands as to how we speak to them means accepting principles, consciously or unconsciously, that destroy a person's Faith.

I don't think saying these things is pointless. If it were pointless it wouldn't cause such a hostile reaction. They don't want people to point out what they're doing because it threatens what they're doing. Well - it must be pointed out. Catholics must follow the example of Apostles and point out who the enemies of the Church are.
As I've repeated already, the laws on abortion have changed bit by bit , because of the information on abortion's real causes. And it's not just the jews, much as people would like to just blame them for everything. It's the fault of all of us, who let our fellow christians pull this off.
In addition, just because something provoles outrage, doesn't make it either true or give it a point. It would provoke a hostile reaction if anyone stated we should all go on a stealing-spree, it wouldn't make that statement a good one.
And as long as we're following the examples of the Catholics in Acts, how about we get out and actually DO something, instead of typing endlessly about how it's all someone else's fault?
Anastasia Wrote:As I've repeated already, the laws on abortion have changed bit by bit , because of the information on abortion's real causes. And it's not just the jews, much as people would like to just blame them for everything.

It does have something to do with their influence. Denying that is simply denying the reality that's out there.

Quote: It's the fault of all of us, who let our fellow christians pull this off.

Yes, it's collective fault of those who haven't done enough to stop it. It's also the collective fault of those who have promoted it out of hatred of Christianity. Taking blame for our own failures does not give us an excuse to ignore what others are doing and not rebuke them. If anything "blaming ourselves" is the opposite of taking responsibility for our actions if we fail to tell the truth about what is going on in the world.

Quote:
In addition, just because something provoles outrage, doesn't make it either true or give it a point. It would provoke a hostile reaction if anyone stated we should all go on a stealing-spree, it wouldn't make that statement a good one.

So, pointing out that the Jews are a major force supporting abortion is like encouraging people to steal? Here's the problem Anastasia - it's not a sin to say "the Jews are doing X." If that's a sin, then the authors of the New Testament were sinning in writing about the Jews persecuting the Church. There is no reason to be outraged at someone telling the truth about Jewish activities in support of abortion. They are outraged, and they attempt to smear those who point it out, because they don't want to be held accountable for what they're doing.

Well, it is my duty to expose what they are doing and advocate that others do the same thing.

Quote:And as long as we're following the examples of the Catholics in Acts, how about we get out and actually DO something, instead of typing endlessly about how it's all someone else's fault?

You're right, I should do more. That in no way means that Catholics like myself and others should not point out the influence of Jews in promoting abortion.
It is a sin if you try to say that all Jews are the reason abortion is legal. Because it isn't true, it's called calumny. Some Jews support abortion, some don't. That means you ignore the real problem with a real solution to chase after an imagined cause, which ends in nothing. Progress on the abortion front has been made, just not by invoking conspiracies.
Anastasia Wrote:It is a sin if you try to say that all Jews are the reason abortion is legal.

I didn't say that. Is it a sin to say the Apostles hid in fear of the Jews? In fear of "all Jews"? That's anti-semitism. And the Jews call it anti-semitism. How can you argue with them, if you engage in the kind of reasoning that makes it anti-semitism to ever say the Jews are doing something?

Quote: Because it isn't true, it's called calumny.

It is true, it isn't calumny.

Quote:Some Jews support abortion, some don't.

Correction, most Jews support abortion, and some of the most influential Jews in our country are heavy supporters of abortion. Some are opposed to it, I applaud them. I hope for the sake of the reputation of their community they do their utmost to change the hearts and minds of their fellow Jews on this issue, just as I wish to see it enforced that no Catholic receive Communion if they support abortion publicly.

Quote:That means you ignore the real problem with a real solution to chase after an imagined cause, which ends in nothing.

It isn't imagined.

Quote:Progress on the abortion front has been made, just not by invoking conspiracies.

Well, there are conspiracies, the people behind abortion need to be exposed as the diabolical agents that they are, be they gentile or Jew. And many, many prominent ones are Jews.
Anastasia Wrote:It is a sin if you try to say that all Jews are the reason abortion is legal. Because it isn't true, it's called calumny. Some Jews support abortion, some don't. That means you ignore the real problem with a real solution to chase after an imagined cause, which ends in nothing. Progress on the abortion front has been made, just not by invoking conspiracies.
I most heartily agree!
newtolatin Wrote:
Anastasia Wrote:It is a sin if you try to say that all Jews are the reason abortion is legal. Because it isn't true, it's called calumny. Some Jews support abortion, some don't. That means you ignore the real problem with a real solution to chase after an imagined cause, which ends in nothing. Progress on the abortion front has been made, just not by invoking conspiracies.
I most heartily agree!

I didn't say that "all Jews are the reason abortion is legal." Insinuating I did is calumny, as is insinuating that Bishop Williamson is a supporter of Nazism.
Oh, come on, most practicing Jews do not support abortion. And it is untrue to say that all Jews are the reason abortion is legal.
You get back to me when the conspiracy theory posts stop one single abortion. I'll wait...
Anastasia Wrote:Oh, come on, most practicing Jews do not support abortion.

That is by no means certain. At any rate, they do not have to be practicing Jews to act in concert with other Jews, to support Israel, to identify themselves as Jews. In other words, to have an anti-Christian Jewish agenda that promotes abortion, they do not have to be observant Jews.

The ADL welcoming partial birth abortion as a Constitutional Right:

Quote:ADL Welcomes Supreme Court Decision Against Nebraska Abortion Law
New York, NY, June 28, 2000 …The Anti-Defamation League (ADL) today welcomed the U.S. Supreme Court’s decision to strike down a controversial abortion law in Nebraska.

http://www.adl.org/presrele/supremecourt_33/3638_33.asp

These are the same people who are accusing the Pope of undermining Vatican II with the Motu Propriu. The same people that it appears Cardinal Bea consulted with in coming up with the Vatican II declaration on the Jews. This is the group that is supposed to protect Jews from "defamation" publicly endorsing the enshrinement of an abhorrent form of child murder as a Constitutional Right.

Quote:And it is untrue to say that all Jews are the reason abortion is legal.

I didn't say that Anastasia. Address what I have said, don't keep suggesting that somehow I am saying "all Jews" are the reason abortion is legal.

Quote:You get back to me when the conspiracy theory posts stop one single abortion. I'll wait...

Changing the laws will stop many abortions. Pointing out who is supporting the laws as they are now, and why they are supporting them will help to change the laws. I never said my posts could stop a single abortion. But to say I shouldn't tell the truth because it couldn't possibly stop a single abortion is nonsense.