Third Secret of Fatima can no longer contain any message regarding Vatican II
ggreg Wrote:So a good tree produced bad fruits?  Interesting concept.
Fallen world, the escalation of sin, lack of vocations, bad priests and bishops.  Mass media, commercialization, industrial revolutions... etc.  There are plenty of bad trees in the world producing this fruit.  We don't have to blame the council.
Confusedafe

It is an absolute mathematical impossibility to have too many 3rd Secret of Fatima threads. I never tired of reading the arguments, vehement Grunerites vs. zoned out twirps.

And Fisheaters now a-bed shall think themselves accursed they were not here.
miss_fluffy Wrote:  We don't have to blame the council.

So you would agree then that it is a possibility that Our Lady never mentioned Vatican II or an evil council in Her Third Secret?
miss_fluffy Wrote:
ggreg Wrote:So a good tree produced bad fruits?  Interesting concept.
Fallen world, the escalation of sin, lack of vocations, bad priests and bishops.  Mass media, commercialization, industrial revolutions... etc.  There are plenty of bad trees in the world producing this fruit.  We don't have to blame the council.

But I thought the saying was "as goes the Church so goes the world".  Not the other way around.

Does the tail wag the dog?
warning Wrote:

So you would agree then that it is a possibility that Our Lady never mentioned Vatican II or an evil council in Her Third Secret?

Everyone would agree it was a "possibility", since nobody on this forum has read the Third Secret.

But Our Lady's order to publish it in 1960 and John XXIII's burial of it and his comments about "prophets of doom" at the opening of the council, does tend to make me believe that it explicitly warned against making changes in the Church.  Otherwise what the hell was Pope John talking about?

Obviously if something of this nature ever comes to light then millions of Catholics are going to see the entire post V2 era as a satanic plot to destroy their faith and lead them to Hell and the Popes and Curia that oversaw that period and covered the Fatima message up will go down in history as miscreants of the highest order.

Presumeably this is why in the accompanying vision they all get slaughtered by a mob, because they've betrayed God and the Church.  And presumeably this is why modern day Rome absolutely refuses to release the words of Our Lady to us, because to do so would be suicide for them and their new springtime.
Dauphin Wrote:All this batshit foolishness about the third secret of Fatima only serves to discredit the traditionalist movement.

Saying that the modernist churches' cover-up and disorient against our Lady's wishes, from Christ..that they refuse to obey is not "batshit"...it has been provable.....

What would "credit" traditionalist movement? Doing what most "conservative" Catholics due, ignore and blame Protestants? "liberal" Cattholics?

In other words, stick head in sand and read Shea/Keating's fluffHuh?
warning Wrote:

I have heard the part about apostasy, but nothing about a council..that may have been some other apparition....John Bosco stated it I think....

The Council I blame not, it is the movers/shakers/innovators at said Council
Belloc Wrote:I have heard the part about apostasy, but nothing about a council..that may have been some other apparition....John Bosco stated it I think....

The standard traditionalist view as I see it is that the evil council is the source of the apostasy. Take away the evil council or Vatican II & the apostasy disappears.

See above from the Fatima Crusader:

"We have it from sources inside the Vatican that the Third Secret warned against the coming of an evil Council"

Belloc Wrote:The Council I blame not, it is the movers/shakers/innovators at said Council

Agreed. The bad will of some clergy is the source of the apostasy. So why do some traditionalists think that the Third Secret mentions apostasy? Our Lady at La Salette already warned the world about bad clergy and apostasy and about their lack of reverence toward the Mass:
"….as true faith has faded and false light brightens the people. Woe to the Princes of the Church who think only of piling riches upon riches to protect their authority and dominate with pride."
"……..a time of darkness and the Church will witness a frightful crisis."
"The true faith to the Lord having been forgotten, each individual will want to be on his own and be superior to people of same identity. They will abolish civil rights as well as ecclesiastical. All order and all justice would be trampled underfoot ,and only homicides, hate, jealousy, lies and dissension would be seen, without love for country or family."
"The priests, ministers of my Son, the priests, by their wicked lives, by their irreverence and their impiety in the celebration of the holy mysteries, by their love of money, their love of honors and pleasures, the priests have become cesspools of impurity. Yes, the priests are asking vengeance, and vengeance is hanging over their heads. Woe to the priests and to those dedicated to God who by their unfaithfulness and their wicked lives are crucifying my Son again The sins of those dedicated to God cry out towards Heaven and call for vengeance, and now vengeance is at their door, for there is no one left to beg mercy and forgiveness for the people. There are no more generous souls, there is no one left worthy of offering a stainless sacrifice to the Eternal for the sake of the world." Our Lady at La Salette.

So now that the SSPX will formally accept Vatican II how can the Traditionalist movement continue to claim that the Third Secret of Fatima contains words of apostasy and a evil council? If some Trads continue to say such things about VII as an evil council then does this mean that the SSPX adheres and accepts this "evil" council that Our Lady of Fatima warned about?

If the Third Secret of Fatima  contains as such then would it not argue against the SSPX formal acceptance of said "evil" council?

Yeah  pretty much...  So the only way around this dilemma is to accept the fact that Our Lady said no such thing about apostasy or evil council at Fatima. No Our Lady had other important things to say. Some in the traditionalist movement are missing something, and have guessed wrong about what is contained in the Third Secret.

ggreg Wrote:Obviously if something of this nature ever comes to light then millions of Catholics are going to see the entire post V2 era as a satanic plot to destroy their faith and lead them to Hell and the Popes and Curia that oversaw that period and covered the Fatima message up will go down in history as miscreants of the highest order.

Bad will is the source of the current apostasy, not the council. If Trads continue to insist that Vatican II is the source then why should SSPX formally agree to accept the Council?

Something is amiss...
didishroom Wrote:No one knows that it mentioned an 'evil Council.' It most likely mentioned the apostasy since the Council.

See post above; Fatima Crusader, Father Krammer, Remnant, Catholic Family News and many more traditionalists who have written on what may be found in the Third Secret all believe that the Third Secret of Fatima contains words of warning from Our Lady about an impending evil council, and this is why the Third Secret was to be read publicly by 1960. This is the standard traditionalists view on the contents of the Third Secret. I think that this is a fair assessment of the Traditionalists view of Fatima.