Men's Dress Worn By Women
The_Harlequin_King Wrote:I like to wear a long coat for the same reason. Sometimes it just feels weird to have my crotch area exposed like that. And this was a common sensibility in the West, actually, untilll.... wait for it.... once again, the World Wars. The rationing of fabrics for uniforms caused coats, which before were typically knee-length, to be cut short... just like head and facial hair.
I do it more to cover my rear actually.

Quote: Heh, I tend to be opposed to any change which resulted from either of those godless wars. Same reason I prefer pocketwatches to wristwatches (invented in WWI for soldiers to more quickly check the time by flicking their wrists then reaching into a pocket and opening their time piece, like a real civilized man). If I were a smoker, I would also reject cigarettes from the same principle.
And brass buttons on sleeves was meant to be a deterrance against wiping noses on sleeves :)
LaRoza Wrote:
Hotspur Wrote:You like stuffing women in something like that? Wait, you'll probably educate me in explain the details and nuances of making one to shatter that stereotype I hold about them being too tight and 'gut-squeezing'...

There is a difference between a corset and tightlacing.
Well, I wasn't aware of the difference. I'm glad to be informed of this.
LaRoza Wrote:I do it more to cover my rear actually.

Ah, yeah. I guess that's not implied when I said "crotch area", but that's what I meant in my mind. Basically the area from the waist to the mid-thigh. My rear is too badonkadonk for women to handle.
Hotspur Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
Hotspur Wrote:You like stuffing women in something like that? Wait, you'll probably educate me in explain the details and nuances of making one to shatter that stereotype I hold about them being too tight and 'gut-squeezing'...

There is a difference between a corset and tightlacing.
Well, I wasn't aware of the difference. I'm glad to be informed of this.

If you are interested, wikipedia has pretty good articles on both.
StevusMagnus Wrote:Bedtime apparel...

[Image: ds5087.jpg]

My dad wears a nightshirt. Is that masculine?
piabee Wrote:My dad wears a nightshirt. Is that masculine?

Doesn't matter. As long as he doesn't sleep with a pipe or a book.
LaRoza Wrote:
piabee Wrote:My dad wears a nightshirt. Is that masculine?

Doesn't matter. As long as he doesn't sleep with a pipe or a book.

I see the pic and I'm laughing but I don't get it.
Smoking in bed causes fires.
Quote:It's uncharitable and rude to refer to women as "old hags" and "broads." Neither is an appropriate way to refer to women on a Catholic forum.

Do you call your grandmother an "old hag"? Do you call your mother a "broad"?

My apologies.
didishroom Wrote:
Quote:It's uncharitable and rude to refer to women as "old hags" and "broads." Neither is an appropriate way to refer to women on a Catholic forum.

Do you call your grandmother an "old hag"? Do you call your mother a "broad"?

My apologies.

Your apologies are accepted.