Pope says "'Feeneyites' are NOT heretics"
(04-11-2009, 07:40 AM)didishroom Wrote: No. The reason my rudeness against you has ceased is because we're not arguing anymore.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm not trying to be critical, but if you can't debate without being rude, shouldn't you abstain from such engagements?
I hate to break it to you, Didishroom, but unfortunately this seems to be a fake quotation.  Please see this post  from www.catholicism.orghttp://catholicism.org/pope-gregory-xvi-...hurch.html

Apparently Cardinal Ratzinger did not say what he is alleged to have said.  Blame some confusion on Angelqueen.
Yeah, we cleared it up a while ago. Thanks. We kinda have moved past the original point.

But as Cardinal Ratzinger, Pope Benedict, did visit the Benedictine Abbey in Still River.  Though no longer part of the Slaves of the Immaculate Heart of Mary they still honor thier spiritual founder and publish books defending Fr. Feeney. He also met Br. Francis, I believe, in Rome and promised him a meeting with the pope, expressing his sympathies towards their cause.

Quote:That's what I was afraid of. I'm not trying to be critical, but if you can't debate without being rude, shouldn't you abstain from such engagements?
Lol. That's why I have abstained from the bulk of the arguments with Vincentius and Godfirst, as you may have noticed. I'm only pointing out a few things and won't keep going back and forth. Just a few little interjections, here and there. It was definetly becoming an occasion of sin and I thank you for pointing it out and continuing the discussion. Cheers.
(04-16-2009, 09:01 PM)didishroom Wrote:
Quote:That's what I was afraid of. I'm not trying to be critical, but if you can't debate without being rude, shouldn't you abstain from such engagements?
Lol. That's why I have abstained from the bulk of the arguments with Vincentius and Godfirst, as you may have noticed.

Yeah, I certainly noticed. I wasn't sure why you stopped, but now it makes sense. I also noticed things got better. I never expected to read: "With all due respect, I disagree..." I almost fell off my chair,  ;). I admire your self-efficacy.

Quote:I'm only pointing out a few things and won't keep going back and forth. Just a few little interjections, here and there. It was definetly becoming an occasion of sin and I thank you for pointing it out and continuing the discussion. Cheers.

Well, thank you, but I did nothing. It takes an act of good will to correct; it takes an act of even better will to accept the correction. All honor and glory to God!

By the way, have you figured out how to quote individual statements without quoting the whole post? I'm having to copy and past the quote codes to separate statements. Is it just me?
Quote:By the way, have you figured out how to quote individual statements without quoting the whole post? I'm having to copy and past the quote codes to separate statements. Is it just me?
Are you talking about the new forum set up?
(04-16-2009, 09:21 PM)didishroom Wrote:
Quote:By the way, have you figured out how to quote individual statements without quoting the whole post? I'm having to copy and past the quote codes to separate statements. Is it just me?
Are you talking about the new forum set up?

Yes. I can't find a way to separate individual statements in quotes without quoting the whole post.