The True Holocaust and the real denial - Vatican II
http://truerestoration.blogspot.com/2009...caust.html
Excellent column Stephen,

I think this whole affair is going to bear considerably good fruit eventually.  I've noticed a lot of people who are only now discovering the good bishop.  Some of the radio talk show hosts have been disappointed that their verbal burnings in effigy didn't have the desired effect.   

There are of course ignorant ranters, but they may come around eventually. 

But I think the most important aspect to come out of this is the comparison of "the Holocaust" as dogma with the Sacrifice on Calvary (a real dogma)  

This would explain the unending pressure by Jewish groups against the true mass, the Good Friday prayer, the attacks on Pope Pius XII. 

Something has been revealed by these events and like the hysteria surrounding "The Passion of the Christ" it's going to work in the favor of Holy Mother Church. 

Send the bishop my support and affection and hopefully, he'll have a new column for us soon enough. 

Quote:
Now, for the first time since the Vatican prior to 1960, someone from the clergy is being told he won't be considered Catholic unless he recants something – but, get this – that something is how that clergyman thinks regarding a historical topic.

Stephen, that's not really accurate.  It has nothing to do with being considered Catholic.  According to the Holy See, however, he must recant before being admitted to episcopal functions.  The Pope is not obligated to admit anyone to espiscopal function -- it is completely at his discretion. 
Schoolman

I admit your distinction and parsing - but for the rest of the world, perception is reality and that distinction is without difference for them...

Excellent!
NorthernTrad Wrote:Excellent!

I wholeheartedly agree!
dedalus28 Wrote:Schoolman

I admit your distinction and parsing - but for the rest of the world, perception is reality and that distinction is without difference for them...

Yes, I suppose that is the reaction of those masses who pay little attention to much more than headlines and soundbites.  In any case, it is not what the Vatican really said.  The excommunication is still lifted and Bishop Williamson is officially (in) communion -- but (for now at least) without a papal mandate for episcopal funtion.