The Bishops of Poland congratulate the Pope
Friday, February 06, 2009
[-]
  •
God Bless the Bishops of Poland! 
Amen and hallelujah! Poland has a long history of standing up to Germany.

Non-heretical German bishops (if there are any), you need to speak up quickly or be judged cowards.

Let Fr. Schmidberger your example:

http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/apologia/vpost?id=3283259
<style>
[-]
  •
Bishop Fellay said that during his meeting with the Pope, he explained about the "State of Necessity" defense, as the reason for their doing what they are doing because of the general apostasy in the Church, and he said, quite surprisingly that the Holy Father agreed that this state of necessity exists in Germany and other places, but not all over the world.

From this we can clearly see, that the German bishops would never have appreciated the lifting of the excommunications. It seems clear to me that this whole scandal was organized in advance.... If Williamson hadn't given them the holocaust stick to beat the Holy Father with, they would have found something else. Probably sexual abuse or some other real or created skeleton.

This is not really about the Jews, they are being used as a cover, (because who can argue against the Jews?) It is really about the forces of the world keeping the Church submissive and liberal.
winoblue1 Wrote:This is not really about the Jews, they are being used as a cover, (because who can argue against the Jews?)

If it's not about Jews, why do you ask "who can argue against the Jews?" The Apostles did, did they not? If a Catholic is afraid to offend Jews, he's afraid of being Catholic. Because the very Gospels themselves offend Jews. Don't think these developments don't have a lot to do with the Jews.

Quote:It is really about the forces of the world keeping the Church submissive and liberal.

I agree that Jews aren't the only ones behind this, but it's pretty clear that the SSPX position (real and imagined) on Jews is the main reason they are being reviled in the global press. I think one of the best things to do is go back and read about conflict between the Jews and the Catholic Church before WWII. Read some of the things Disraeli and Piccolo Tigre said. The taboo against discussing the Jews existed long before the Holocaust.

Yes, I agree with you... I just awkwardly stated that the issue is larger than the Jews, but the Jews are the immediate issue, or the means that the liberal Catholics and other Church enemies are using to ensure the Church keeps here V2 inspired apathy.

Having read the Quo Primum of Benedict XIV on the Jews in Poland, it is clear to see that the Jews are an ongoing concern for the Church and she always has to be mindful not to give in for fear of the Jews. I am just afraid that both the Vatican and the SSPX leadership are now acting for fear of the Jews.

However, we have to be patient, because perhaps things are moving so swiftly because they have a more immediate and larger agenda to unroll and they don't want it sabotaged by this charge of anti-semitism.

Our Holy Father is getting older and he needs to have a system of restoration set in place and protected so that it will survive beyond his pontificate. Please God he will live long enough to do this with the help of the SSPX.
Good ol' Catholic Poland.  Only they are willing to stand up to the aggression of the German bishops and their counter fit churches.

Bob
Deo gratias.

But one thing: this is no place to place anti-German comments, or praise "Polish opposition to Germany". Poles have committed crimes against Germans from 1945 until 1955. Anti-German hatred is not correct.

Once upon a time, the German bishops like Cardinal Bertram of Breslau, were loyal to the Pope, and he commanded the Polish bishops to stop nationalist-inciting Polish priests in eastern Upper Silesia.
HMiS Wrote:Deo gratias.

But one thing: this is no place to place anti-German comments, or praise "Polish opposition to Germany". Poles have committed crimes against Germans from 1945 until 1955. Anti-German hatred is not correct.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I do want to interject here because it is important.

I agree, HMiS.  Before we are German, Polish, American, etc., we are Catholics.  And if we all held to this notion, some wars could be stopped by the Pope saying, "Basta!  Enough!" and good Catholics would listen.

Too often we fall for nationalism or listen to our governments instead of to our Faith.  Certainly, we should have ethnic and national pride, but that should be secondary to our membership in the Body of Christ.

I really recommend everyone who has a chance watch "All Quiet on the Western Front".   Here is a clip.  The scene is the German soldiers have just gotten back from the front for resupply.  They've been underfed, etc., and are arguing with the cook about how much food they will get.  At about 2 minutes in, they discuss how wars start, and I think it's something we should all take to heart.