Do you have much personal contact with your priest?
It depends on the priest. I got to an FSSP chapel. I've known some priests who were friendly and were often invited to parishoners homes for dinner and to socialize. In the summer some of our priests have even made use of our pool(at night when no one else is around, of course).

But then there were other priests who weren't very friendly and a little cold and liked their privacy and space.

We must always remember that priests are people too, and like all people are all very different with different personalities, temperments, likes and dislikes.
Our priest is very busy but he makes himself available and is involved in many parish activities.
He's the chaplin for our KofC council and comes to all the meetings. We also meet twice a month in his office for a men's group.
So yeah, I see quite a bit of him.

Hardly any.  I'd reckon I have a priest over to dinner once every 2 years.
But be careful....they may suggest the whole family says the rosary after dinner...so just keep the conversation going till he's late for something and has to leave right away.
didishroom Wrote:But be careful....they may suggest the whole family says the rosary after dinner...so just keep the conversation going till he's late for something and has to leave right away.

I'm sure if he's late because he was praying the rosary, no one would blame him.
My parish does not have a pastor right now. We have visiting priests, but the administrative running of the parish is being done by a deacon. So, no.
As a leader in the community, I've always had a great deal or personal contact with our priest.  But on the other hand, we went through the rotating priests thing for a while too and then interaction dropped off. 
didishroom Wrote:But be careful....they may suggest the whole family says the rosary after dinner...so just keep the conversation going till he's late for something and has to leave right away.

We say the Rosary after dinner anyway, and any guests usually choose to stay as well.

The priest at my chapel is very friendly and outgoing (especially with newcomers) and always seems to know what's going on with his parishioners without spending lots of time socializing. I don't know how he does it.
We aren't lucky enough to have Father over often, but when he does it's awesome. We always sing Compline when Father's over. Outside of church and school I do see him pretty often - he's always there if you need to talk to him, never too busy. (Though he certainly has his hands full!)
ggreg Wrote:Hardly any.  I'd reckon I have a priest over to dinner once every 2 years.

Are you sure it's not a statement about your cooking?  [Image: fish.gif][Image: laff.gif]