Do you have much personal contact with your priest?
piabee Wrote:We say the Rosary after dinner anyway, and any guests usually choose to stay as well.

The priest at my chapel is very friendly and outgoing (especially with newcomers) and always seems to know what's going on with his parishioners without spending lots of time socializing. I don't know how he does it.

Vatican spies.
LaRoza Wrote:
piabee Wrote:We say the Rosary after dinner anyway, and any guests usually choose to stay as well.

The priest at my chapel is very friendly and outgoing (especially with newcomers) and always seems to know what's going on with his parishioners without spending lots of time socializing. I don't know how he does it.

Vatican spies.
Or Ceiling Cat.
I've only spoken to them in confession. So, no, not much contact lol.
I have regular contact contact with our priest. We're very blessed to have him at our chapel, he's very amicable, available to everyone and very orthodox as one should expect from a Society's priest.

Actually, we went to meet him at the Society's priory in Fatima today for our scheduled first Saturday devotions and a small seminar on "liberty".

Kinda. I don't exactly attend a normal parish situation on Sundays. It's a very ad hoc situation. I spend about an hour driving out east on the north fork on Long Island to a quaint little nineteenth century church, where I act as altar server and sacristan. I live closer than any of the half dozen priests who drive out to say the Mass, the furthest of which lives in Queens Village (about an eighty mile drive). That particular priest hardly ever comes any more, for understandable reasons.

Some of the priest show up rather early and there's time for a nice chat. Most of the time, though, the priest arrives fifteen minutes before the start of Mass, so there's not much more than a "Hi, how are you doing?" exchanged. After the Mass I'm so busy cleaning up and squirreling away our traditional paraphernalia and re-novus-ordo-izing the sanctuary that there's little more than farewells exchanged between us. There's always a few people that pop into the sacristy after the Mass to chat with the priest, though.
In 'good times', yes. And I would invite the priests over for supper about twice a year. If they were 'Marian' priests, I never had a problem.  But then we had a gay priest and that was a bad experience. And then we had another off sabbatical for anger and control and alcohol issues who basically did not believe much in anything Catholic and that was BAD too. Mass became something to endure.

We moved. Our associate priest comes to our weekly Legion of Mary meetings and loves to visit the sick and that is our apostolate so the relationship is good. I have met with the pastor and things are so-so as he tries to be 'progressive' in a more orthodox parish.  But he is kinder than the last priests I have experienced in parish life and it is certainly not 'all about  him'.

I had an elderly regular confessor and things were good there but, again, he was also a Marian priest.

Some priests have welcomed my volunteering and teaching and so forth. The 'progressives' have disliked me. So there it is.  I can tell pretty quickly if things are 'in tune' or not. And, again, if they are Mary's priests then things go well or so it has been my experience. And as for the others--I pray they will come to know Our Lady for one cannot conform to Christ without her.