Bishop Williamson to "reexamine" evidence of Holocaust
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090207/wl_...0207153453
Consider the tremendous act of humility it takes for him to do so?  No radical would give up their stance on such an issue, but would claim righteousness and hold their ground.

H. E. Williamson has strengthened my faith and certainly my admiration for him.

Deo Gratias!!!

Let's hope his "reexamination" finds reason only to strengthen his position! ... Oh wait, I guess that makes me a "radical."
Credo Wrote:Let's hope his "reexamination" finds reason only to strengthen his position!

[Image: huh.gif] 
PeterII Wrote:[Image: huh.gif] 

"Reexaminations" can cut both ways. Who's to say the bishop won't conclude that he was right all along?
Saturday, February 07, 2009
[-]
  •
StevusMagnus Wrote:Saturday, February 07, 2009
[-]
  •
Does anyone know if the full hour video is available?  I'll bet it's dynamite. 
This signals to me the following insights/ speculation:

1.) Williamson will eventually change his mind, after examining evidence to "distance himself" appropriately for the Vatican. To what degree they require I don't know. Maybe he'll concede gas chambers and go for 4 million.

2.) I suspect the Vatican/ Fellay already asked him to do so in private as soon as this hit. He probably already re-researched it for the past few weeks and came to some sort of modified new determination. Fellay related this to the Vatican and they came out with this "demand" knowing Williamson was on board anyway. Rome is probably clearing all of their actions through Fellay and Fellay is in touch with Williamson. The Pope worked too hard to see this thing blow up or fracture.

3.) I think Williamson is smart enough to know that Holocaust speculation is not the hill to die on, when he can get Canonical regonition and be a royal pain in the ass to the liberal clergy with full faculties blasting the Holy Hell out of them on theological issues 24/7.

4.) Expect Williamson to satisy the minmum "distancing" requirement and look for the 4 horseman to be regularized together, guns blazing. The Modernists truly don't know what they are in for.

5.) Good times ahead!

StevusMagnus Wrote:This signals to me the following insights/ speculation:

1.) Williamson will eventually change his mind, after examining evidence to "distance himself" appropriately for the Vatican. To what degree they require I don't know. Maybe he'll concede gas chambers and go for 4 million.

2.) I suspect the Vatican/ Fellay already asked him to do so in private as soon as this hit. He probably already re-researched it for the past few weeks and came to some sort of modified new determination. Fellay related this to the Vatican and they came out with this "demand" knowing Williamson was on board anyway. Rome is probably clearing all of their actions through Fellay and Fellay is in touch with Williamson. The Pope worked too hard to see this thing blow up or fracture.

3.) I think Williamson is smart enough to know that Holocaust speculation is not the hill to die on, when he can get Canonical regonition and be a royal pain in the ass to the liberal clergy with full faculties blasting the Holy Hell out of them on theological issues 24/7.

4.) Expect Williamson to satisy the minmum "distancing" requirement and look for the 4 horseman to be regularized together, guns blazing. The Modernists truly don't know what they are in for.

5.) Good times ahead!

I would think the best course of action would be to not actually publish his new conclusion. Given the data he used, he can always find something to revise, so if he says "After further research, my original statements were false." and leaves it at that, he'll have done what is necessary. And furthermore, if he is asked what his opinion is, he can say he is not authorized to speak on that subject and it is not his area of expertise and any questioning will be an obvious attempt against him.