Thread on Freemasonry
LaRoza Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:Yes, certainly and tragically there are more than just masons within the Church but since they are the most insidious and dangerous lot, we should be mostly aware of them and of their influence.

Furthermore, this thread is about Freemasonry so perhaps we should try to keep our discussions focused on that.

It's a serious thread. Not a joke thread.
Telemaque Wrote:It's a serious thread. Not a joke thread.
Then don't watch it (It does have to do with freemasons actually)

The comments which seemed to condemn Salza for being Catholic was an indication that there may be Sede like tendencies. I think Salza would be the last person to be accused of not being traditional and he is very anti-Freemasons. A little levity is needed in times like that :)

[Image: internet_serious_business_framed.jpg]
Even jokes are welcomed in serious discussions. Lighten up.
Levity about Freemasonry is a way to disrupt discussion of an important topic. It is a typical technique used by those who don't want to talk about it seriously.

"Diverting the Discourse"

Telemaque Wrote:Levity about Freemasonry is a way to disrupt discussion of an important topic. It is a typical technique used by those who don't want to talk about it seriously.

I posted a link to a very informed source on the subject of freemasonary, and he was attacked as not being Catholic using the page of Tradition as evidence, and in that page, he supports the TLM and all traditions, but doesn't reject VII or the Popes, so was I wrong to see that condemnation of Salza as being a reflection of Sedevacantism? (Which is forbidden on this forum).
LaRoza Wrote:
Telemaque Wrote:Levity about Freemasonry is a way to disrupt discussion of an important topic. It is a typical technique used by those who don't want to talk about it seriously.

I posted a link to a very informed source on the subject of freemasonary, and he was attacked as not being Catholic using the page of Tradition as evidence, and in that page, he supports the TLM and all traditions, but doesn't reject VII or the Popes, so was I wrong to see that condemnation of Salza as being a reflection of Sedevacantism? (Which is forbidden on this forum).

Okay - but I don't expect a Monty Python sketch to be posted on this thread anymore than I expect a Monty Python sketch to be posted on a serious discussion of the Spanish Inquisition.
Telemaque Wrote:Okay - but I don't expect a Monty Python sketch to be posted on this thread anymore than I expect a Monty Python sketch to be posted on a serious discussion of the Spanish Inquisition.

A serious thread on the Spanish Inquisition will get Monty Python references at the start before serious discussion.

After all, now one expects the Spanish Inquisition.

This article contains some interesting historical information. (It's from the American Atheists website so it can't be dismissed as "Catholic propaganda" ... )

http://www.atheists.org/The_Enlightenmen...Illuminati

[Image: france-rights-of-man2.jpg]

Telemaque Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:Yes, certainly and tragically there are more than just masons within the Church but since they are the most insidious and dangerous lot, we should be mostly aware of them and of their influence.

Furthermore, this thread is about Freemasonry so perhaps we should try to keep our discussions focused on that.

It's a serious thread. Not a joke thread.

[Image: nolaughingju5.jpg]
From Arthur Preuss's journal (early 1915):

Is Freemasonry Responsible for the Great War?

http://books.google.com/books?id=AbwRAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA234&dq=arthur+preuss+freemasonry&as_brr=1&client=firefox-a#PPA231,M1

From the English translation of the proceedings of the Sarajevo Trial:

[Image: p356ld1.jpg]

[Image: 358359lo0.jpg]