very ugly stations of the cross
And don't forget this, which I believe was what the staff was based on. You can't blame Vatican II on this painting.

[Image: grunewald_crucifixion.jpg]
That third one is curious, I never saw one of those.

I like the traditional crucifix, it depicts Christ's suffering with dignity. The bent crucifix has something really strange about it, it's eerie and Christ is seen hanging distorted from the cross. I don't know if it is really satanic in origin but it definitely makes one raise an eyebrow.

See above. We posted at the same time.
Bonifacio Wrote:That third one is curious, I never saw one of those.

I like the traditional crucifix, it depicts Christ's suffering with dignity. The bent crucifix has something really strange about it, it's eerie and Christ is seen hanging distorted from the cross. I don't know if it is really satanic in origin but it definitely makes one raise an eyebrow.

The Pardon crucifix is very well known.

The Risen crucifix is generally not used by most traditional minded Catholics (Christ died on the crucifix, that is its purpose)

The papal crucifix is bent, and very bare and realistic. I have not used it in making rosaries because I see it as being very light, but as a crucifix, I think it it quite worthy of meditation. It isn't pretty. That is the point.
Sadly, these hideous Stations are probably right at home in an equally hideous, modernist, lookin'-like-a-high-school-auditorium parish church.
Now this is scary! Zombie 'Risen Christ.'

I would like to call this blasphemous but in of itself contains nothing contrary to Catholicism and since I don't know the 'artist's' intent, I can only comment on it's ugliness.

[Image: DSC00147.jpg]
didishroom Wrote:Now this is scary! Zombie 'Risen Christ.'

I would like to call this blasphemous but in of itself contains nothing contrary to Catholicism and since I don't know the 'artist's' intent, I can only comment on it's ugliness.

Actually, with no knowledge of where that is (it is inappropriate for a Church where mass is celebrated) but it does depict rising from the dead, from Sheol (which is often translated "Hell") pretty well. I would say it more reflects the soul though.
didishroom-

Where IS that wretched thing? I feel a sudden need to take a roadtrip and bring some dynamite.......[Image: puke.gif]

Seriously, it's either construction-paper-and-felt rainbows or God-awful modern "art".......when did people forget that objects of actual BEAUTY praise God well??????????
Funny, that the modern hall would represent a scene depiciting hell.
Quote:didishroom-

Where IS that wretched thing? I feel a sudden need to take a roadtrip and bring some dynamite.......[Image: puke.gif]

Seriously, it's either construction-paper-and-felt rainbows or God-awful modern "art".......when did people forget that objects of actual BEAUTY praise God well??????????

This is in the.....wait for it.....the VATICAN!

It's the Paul VI Audience Hall. If you look closely to the left of the cardinals is a white, empty chair. That's where the pope sits to deliver adressess. Mass is never said there. Though sometimes when people perform for the pope, that's where they do it.

It was built in the 70s thought it now has solar power panels on the roof.