Review of Bp. Tissier's biography of the Archbishop
http://truerestoration.blogspot.com/2008...ebvre.html
dedalus28 Wrote:http://truerestoration.blogspot.com/2008...ebvre.html

Fascinating.

I've yet to buy that book but I'll do so when I can. May God bless the good Archbishop.
Are these quotes included in the book? If so, perhaps someone should point them out to Bp. Fellay! If not, someone should still remind him!

"We are suspended a divinis by the Conciliar Church and for the Conciliar Church, to which we have no wish to belong. That Conciliar Church is a schismatic Church, because it breaks with the Catholic Church that has always been. It has its new dogmas, its new priesthood, its new institutions, its new worship, all already condemned by the Church in many a document, official and definitive..." (June 29, 1976, the late Archbishop Lefebvre)

"The Church that affirms such errors is at once schismatic and heretical. This Conciliar Church is, therefore, not Catholic. To whatever extent Pope, Bishops, priests, or faithful adhere to this new Church, they separate themselves from the Catholic Church." (Reflections on Suspension ‘A Divinis’ by Msgr. Marcel Lefebvre)

In 1987 Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre said:

"I have summed it up to Cardinal Ratzinger in a certain words, of course, because it is difficult to sum up this whole situation; but I said to him: 'Eminence, see, even if you grant us a bishop, even if you grant us a certain self-government in relation to the bishops, even if you grant us all the liturgy of 1962, if you grant us to continue the seminaries and Society, as we do it now, we cannot collaborate; it is impossible, impossible, because we work in two diametrically opposed directions: you, you work for the de-Christianization of society, of the human person, and of the Church, and we, we work for its Christianization. They cannot be in agreement.' Rome has lost the Faith, my dear friends. Rome is in apostasy. It is not just words, it is not just words in the air that I say to you. It is the truth. Rome is in apostasy. One cannot have confidence any more in this world. He has left the Church, they have left the Church, they are leaving the Church. It is sure, sure, sure."

To which Church was Abp. Lefebvre referring? I'll bet it's the same one headed by the former Cardinal Ratzinger!