Czar Nicholas-very interesting BIO
(11-24-2010, 09:39 PM)Vivace Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 09:20 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Not really. I have some knowledge of the language but I admit that I cheated a bit.

Ah, I see. I think Russian is beautiful. I'd love to learn it, but I am having a hard enough time trying to learn Spanish.  :laughing: So I don't think it would go very well.

Spanish is far easier than Russian. I have a pretty decent knowledge of it but, then again, it's closer to my mother tongue than any other.
(11-24-2010, 09:47 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Spanish is far easier than Russian.

That's what I mean... if Spanish is difficult for me, Russian would be brutal! So, I guess I'm just stuck with Google Translate.

On a semi-related-to-this-thread note, I just bought this book a few days ago: http://www.alexanderpalace.org/palace/books.html?sku=79

Has anyone read it before?
I haven't but it seems interesting.

Was Alexander II the Tsar rumored to have converted to Catholicism late in life?
I'm not sure. I was trying to look around online for the answer and came across these interesting passages, though:
Quote:When von Baumgarten returned from Russia to Rome, Pope Benedict XV mentioned in the course of an audience[1] how gratified he felt that the records of the Vatican archives showed that Czar Paul I had become a Catholic at the end of his life. If Czar Paul had not been assassinated, at the instigation of foreign powers, Russia undoubtedly would have repaired her schism at that time.

Quote:A return of Russia to the Catholic Church would have been accomplished under the reign of Peter II if the Czar had not died prematurely. It is evident from a collection of manuscripts contained in the Slavic library of Paris, that Princess Irene Dolgorouky, daughter of Prince Peter Galitzin, who acted as Russian ambassador to the court of Vienna, negotiated with representatives of the Pope concerning a reunion in faith. She was converted in the year 1727 at Utrecht and came to Russia during the rule of Peter II, with definite proposals regarding a rapprochement with Rome. A member of the house of Dolgorouky, which was the ruling family at that time, was actually to have been appointed as patriarch of Russia and representative of the Holy Father. The untimely death of the monarch, however, frustrated these plans.

From: http://catholicism.org/royal-russian-con...itzin.html
What a way to go, their ending was truly Russian...very tragic. I can only imagine the
terror of the girls after the murderers killed their parents and then left the room merely to let the
smoke clear, and then return to finish their dirty evil deeds, what makes it even worse is the gems in the
girls clothing prolonged their murder....

What kind of people are these who can do these horrendous deeds, like killing sobbing girls!? :mad: Are these killers actually human!?

The girls of the family didn't seem like the stereotypical royal spoiled children either, it seems
like they actually had good character and were quite sweet.

(11-24-2010, 10:27 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I haven't but it seems interesting.

Was Alexander II the Tsar rumored to have converted to Catholicism late in life?
He was orthodox but I cannot see our Lord despising a martry for the Faith.....but God is Judge.
and hisfamily's- murderers are in the deepest pits of hell (assuming of course  no repentance for their satanic deed) BTW they were all Marxist Russian Jews..predecessors of todays eratz Isreal
(11-25-2010, 11:19 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:

He was orthodox but I cannot see our Lord despising a martry for the Faith.....but God is Judge.
and hisfamily's- murderers are in the deepest pits of hell (assuming of course  no repentance for their satanic deed) BTW they were all Marxist Russian Jews..predecessors of todays eratz Isreal

The martyred Tsar was Nicholas II, not Alexander II.

Anyway, Vivace has already provided the information I was looking for. It was Paul I the one rumored to have converted to Catholicism.
(11-25-2010, 11:37 AM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-25-2010, 11:19 AM)voxpopulisuxx Wrote:

The martyred Tsar was Nicholas II, not Alexander II.

Anyway, Vivace has already provided the information I was looking for. It was Paul I the one rumored to have converted to Catholicism.
duhhh your right...sorry should drink more coffe...lol
(11-24-2010, 07:58 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 07:03 PM)Vivace Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 06:13 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Who's depicted in your avatar?

It's a coloured picture of Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna. I found it in a picture thread on their forum...

Interesting. Do you know much about her life?

She had a very short one since she was murdered by the red atheists at the age of 21 years 37 days.
(11-25-2010, 02:19 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 07:58 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 07:03 PM)Vivace Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 06:13 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Who's depicted in your avatar?

It's a coloured picture of Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna. I found it in a picture thread on their forum...

Interesting. Do you know much about her life?

She had a very short one since she was murdered by the red atheists at the age of 21 years 37 days.

That I know. I was wondering about other details of her life prior to the murder.