Czar Nicholas-very interesting BIO
(11-25-2010, 02:28 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: That I know. I was wondering about other details of her life prior to the murder.

Can you recommend any good books on Tatiana or her family?

Like I said before, I only know the basics... I know that she was considered the most beautiful of the four daughters of Nicholas II. Like her siblings, she had a very strict upbringing (sleeping on military cots without pillows, cold showers, etc.). She possessed many leadership qualities and was nicknamed "the Governess" by her sisters. She is also thought to be Alexandra's favourite daughter and worked with her mother and older sister as a Red Cross nurse during the First World War. Her hair is short in my avatar because she had it cropped after contracting typhoid.

Here are a couple more pictures of her that I like:

[Image: tatianalancers.jpg]
[Image: tatianafurs2.jpg]
Nicholas and Alexandra is a good book (later made into a very good movie) about the whole family and their lives from the birth of the Tsarevitch through their murders. I cant think of any that are just about her though. When i became Russian Orthodox I really got into the culture and read everything I could on Russian History I was a real Russaphile. The Orthodox Church has canonized the entire family as Martyrs and our Church had a big Icon of them on the left side of the Church. I also bought a smaller Icon of the family infact I still have it in my room. Sad Story. May their commie murderers rot in hell.
I've seen that movie... I didn't know there was a book, too. I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks  :)
(11-24-2010, 07:03 PM)Vivace Wrote:
(11-24-2010, 06:13 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: Who's depicted in your avatar?

It's a coloured picture of Grand Duchess Tatiana Nikolaevna. I found it in a picture thread on their forum... Here's the original:

[Image: tprofile1914.jpg]

She was very beautiful.
(11-25-2010, 03:36 PM)Vivace Wrote: I've seen that movie... I didn't know there was a book, too. I'll keep an eye out for it, thanks  :)

Yep you can get it off Amazon the author is Robert K Massie he also did a great bio on Peter the Great and the other one by him Tsar the lost world of Nicholas and Alexandra is a great coffee table book that shows their palaces and such really cool stuff.
(11-25-2010, 03:51 PM)Baskerville Wrote: Yep you can get it off Amazon the author is Robert K Massie he also did a great bio on Peter the Great and the other one by him Tsar the lost world of Nicholas and Alexandra is a great coffee table book that shows their palaces and such really cool stuff.

Nice! I'll definitely check those out.
Here's a beautiful rendition of the breathtaking hymn "God save the Tsar" ("Bozhe, Tsarya khrani") composed by Prince Alexey L'vov, along with some pictures of the Russian imperial family.

(11-25-2010, 03:08 PM)Baskerville Wrote: The Orthodox Church has canonized the entire family as Martyrs ....

Actually, the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad canonised them as Martyrs but the Patriarchal Church canonised them only as Passion Bearers, not quite Martyrs.
I can't wait for Russia to convert. God willing.
As a pius thoughtvI hold the czar and his family as marryrs to the faith.
I read Nicholas and Alaxandra too... It was totally heartbreaking and I was fully convinced that holy monarchy is tge greatest form of govt