Czar Nicholas-very interesting BIO
A while back, I stumbled across this page (all in Russian) that has the most amazing pictures of the last Tsar and his family:

http://www.dobroeslovo.ru/viewtopic.php?t=1641&start=0

It's a discussion forum and the thread has several pages of photos. Many of them are casual, un-posed pictures and it's just so fascinating to get a glimpse into that world.... Enjoy.

(11-26-2010, 07:36 PM)henryt. Wrote: A while back, I stumbled across this page (all in Russian) that has the most amazing pictures of the last Tsar and his family:

It's a discussion forum and the thread has several pages of photos. Many of them are casual, un-posed pictures and it's just so fascinating to get a glimpse into that world.... Enjoy.

Большое спасибо!
(11-26-2010, 07:36 PM)henryt. Wrote: A while back, I stumbled across this page (all in Russian) that has the most amazing pictures of the last Tsar and his family:

wow thanks nice link
i take at least 50% credit for success of this thread
I know this is odd but "St.Nicholas,Czar of Russia"
He is a canonized saint in the Russian church and although I'm not a russian,St.Czar Nicholas is a saint that transcends lands as a proof of the majesty of the Emperor.May the Great Emperor come at last!
(11-26-2010, 12:28 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-25-2010, 03:08 PM)Baskerville Wrote: The Orthodox Church has canonized the entire family as Martyrs ....

Actually, the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad canonised them as Martyrs but the Patriarchal Church canonised them only as Passion Bearers, not quite Martyrs.

Oh yeah thats right.
May the Holy Royal family of Russia pray for us all.

A good book on Nicholas and the family is  Edvard Radzinsky's "The Last Tsar" . It's more up to date than Robert Massie's. Radzinsky had access to the Bolshevik archives so he add details Massie was not aware of. It's also good because it gives you the viewpoint of a native Russian.
Radzinsky's bio. of Stalin would also be a fascinating read for Fisheaters, especially the details of Stalin's re-opening the churches during the war and bringing the priests back from the camps. OK, that's off topic but interesting.

C.
(11-27-2010, 08:05 PM)Cetil Wrote: A good book on Nicholas and the family is  Edvard Radzinsky's "The Last Tsar" . It's more up to date than Robert Massie's. Radzinsky had access to the Bolshevik archives so he add details Massie was not aware of. It's also good because it gives you the viewpoint of a native Russian.

I'll keep that in mind. Is it available at Amazon?
(11-27-2010, 08:05 PM)Cetil Wrote: A good book on Nicholas and the family is  Edvard Radzinsky's "The Last Tsar" .

Radzinsky is the author of the Alexander II book I mentioned earlier. I'll check it out!