Hans Kung: Obama would make better pope
Hans Küng says Obama would make a better Pope
February 09, 2009

The dissident theologian Hans Küng has suggested that Barack Obama would be a better pope than Benedict XVI. “The mood in the church is oppressive,” Küng told a German outlet. “Benedict is unteachable in matters of birth control and abortion, arrogant and without transparency and restrictive of freedom and human rights.” The theologian who once argued for greater democracy in the Church suggested that the Pope should follow Obama’s example and issue executive orders to bring about radical changes in Church doctrine and discipline, “using the power of his executive office to issue decrees.”

Valz:
"unteachable...arrogant..." says the ever dissident "theologian".

I hope Hans Kung makes Obama his Pope and begins his own church of "change".
Why do people want to change institutions which already exist?

For disagreements, people just leave/create their own organisation. For hate, they change what exists.
Note to Kung: The Church isn't a democracy and doctrine and dogma aren't laws that can be repealed or appealed to a Supreme Court for judicial review.

Anyway, it's ironic that he considers Benedict and the Church to be oppressive, yet Obama is in favor of denying infants the right to life...the ultimate oppression.

LaRoza Wrote:For hate, they change what exists.

And that is precisely it. Kung doesn't just disagrees with The Church, he hates her as she is and so wants to change her. The enemies of The Church have discovered already that just leaving and creating a separate group does not works. They have opted instead for infiltrating The Church and changing her from within. They have blended themselves withing her structure and use her to diffuse their heretical and erroneous doctrines. It is like a demon who posseses a body.
Valz Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:For hate, they change what exists.

And that is precisely it. Kung doesn't just disagrees with The Church, he hates her as she is and so wants to change her. The enemies of The Church have discovered already that just leaving and creating a separate group does not works. They have opted instead for infiltrating The Church and changing her from within.

The internal threat is worse than any external persecution.
LRThunder Wrote:The internal threat is worse than any external persecution.

Yes, and that is where the real fight is. The enemy is within, in seminaries, universities, in RCIA classes, preaching from the pulpit, etc. They do not teach but pollute and corrupt the mind of  the faithful under their care.
This previously condemned theologian was invited to Vatican II as a pareti by John XXIII and not required to forsake any of his previous errors. It was men like Kung who were rehabilitated under John XXII and invited to the Council as "experts". These previous dissidents under Pius XII then went on to put their stamp on the Council documents using "pastoral language" to try to disguise their time bombs.
Forget throwing Rahner under a bus, this guy is actually still alive..

I'm sorry if that was uncharitable. Really, I am. But I can't help but get really bent out of shape whenever that man opens his rotten mouth.

“using the power of his executive office to issue decrees.”

Well, I sort of agree with that. Like...he should issue a decree excommunicating Hans Kung. Restoring the traditional liturgy. Purging a bunch of bishops. Etc...