Hans Kung: Obama would make better pope
BlessedKarl Wrote:PRAY FOR HIM. Lets not get to angry here people. Some of the comments are uncharitable and shouldn't be.

Really this is very funny. Listen...when you see a guy saying outrageous things like this what does that tell you about him? HE'S LOOKING FOR ATTENTION! Ask the average Catholic college student who he is. You will get this reply: "who?"

Word of advice: Exercise patience and use only kind words...AND DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Good points.  There are few people, Catholic or not, who don't know who Pope Benedict is and probably far fewer people who do know who Hans Kung is.

The idea of Barack Obama as pope is pretty laughable, though.  [Image: fish.gif]  to Hans Kung.

LaRoza Wrote:Why do people want to change institutions which already exist?

For disagreements, people just leave/create their own organisation. For hate, they change what exists.

I absolutely agree. I think some people are just confused and want to make something "work" that just won't "work" because it isn't what they want it to be... and they need to get over it and rethink their hypotheses.
What Change has Obama introduced that Mr. Kung seems to fond of?
didishroom Wrote:What Change has Obama introduced that Mr. Kung seems to fond of?

Promoting abortion and contraception.

I'm sure there must be some protestant sect out there that can satisfy mr. Küng's ambitions. I think he should consider membership.
Bonifacio Wrote:
didishroom Wrote:What Change has Obama introduced that Mr. Kung seems to fond of?

I'm sure there must be some protestant sect out there that can satisfy mr. Küng's ambitions. I think he should consider membership.

Perhaps, but if he wanted to be completely honest he should give up Christianity altogether. If traditional Catholicism wins out the argument on what Christianity is and he still disagrees with that, he has an obligation as an honest person to step out.
JonathanCid Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:

Perhaps, but if he wanted to be completely honest he should give up Christianity altogether. If traditional Catholicism wins out the argument on what Christianity is and he still disagrees with that, he has an obligation as an honest person to step out.

You're correct.

However, it does seem that intellectual honesty is not one of mr. Küng's strengths.
Bonifacio Wrote:
JonathanCid Wrote:
Bonifacio Wrote:

You're correct.

However, it does seem that intellectual honesty is not one of mr. Küng's strengths.

He is not interested in denying that Catholicism is true, but that truth exists. The goal of people like Hans Küng is not to disagree or deny what the Church teaches, but rather to deny that the Church teaches anything. There goal is not to refute Christianity, since they do not believe in it, rather, their goal is to deny that Christianity asserts anything they feel compelled to disagree with. They do not wish to say, "I'm not Catholic." What they wish to say is "I'm as good a Catholic as you though I mock ridicule and deny everything the Church has ever taught."

It is a position that is diabolically inspired.

But the sheer silliness of saying "Obama would make a better Pope" hah - that sounds like the humiliation of a demon rebuked.
Why doesn't he join a protestant sect? Is that what you are asking?

Let me give you an answer: PRIDE.

He can say "I'm a good Catholic but I don't like the Church." The media laps this stuff up. He can say whatever he wants and get all the attention he wants. Wherease if he leaves...he's just another member of a protestant breakaway sect...
Why don't they just declare Obama a god and get it over with.

I think the Honeymoon is already over. Obama's not having a good first few weeks.