Hans Kung: Obama would make better pope
alaric Wrote:Why don't they just declare Obama a god and get it over with.

[Image: obama_messiah.jpg][Image: obama-messiah.jpg]
alaric Wrote:Why don't they just declare Obama a god and get it over with.

Obama is only preparing the way for the one who will come after him.
Who declared Obama the Messiah?
What an unappreciative man! This is coming from the theologian who was granted a generous private dinner and stay at Castel Gandolfo with the Pope!

I thought they were friends! When did this happen?
Cyriacus Wrote:I thought they were friends! When did this happen?

Mr. Küng has been a public heretic for some decades now. He was a friend of the reigning pope back in the day although I don't know the status of their relationship right now.
Bonifacio Wrote:
Cyriacus Wrote:I thought they were friends! When did this happen?

Mr. Küng has been a public heretic for some decades now. He was a friend of the reigning pope back in the day although I don't know the status of their relationship right now.

Yet, the last I heard, Kung is still a priest in good standing, along with McBrien, Curran, Weakland, et al. If that alone doesn't tell you things are upside down, nothing will.

JonathanCid Wrote:Who declared Obama the Messiah?

Himself and his followers. It is a cult mentality, rather than any rational choice.
LaRoza Wrote:
JonathanCid Wrote:Who declared Obama the Messiah?

Himself and his followers. It is a cult mentality, rather than any rational choice.

I'd like evidence of this cult being established by President Obama. I suppose you could say Obama supporters are extremely enthusiastic about him, follow his every move, support him with all their little hearts, and are moved by him at the deepest level - but that would qualify Bishop Williamson and his supporters as being of a cult mentality. It would also be the standard by which Protestants call Catholics "Pope-worshipers" and call Catholicism cult-like.

It's a great slur to accuse someone of having a cult when they are successful, because it's easy to do that to anyone with a following, but the evidence itself doesn't follow... it's just that - a slur.
I thought I was being charitable by giving a perfect example of the mans true intelligence.

[Image: rockonsmiley.gif]
Anyone just think he's saying this to get attention?  He's been out of the Catholic media for a while, so now he needs to be re-exposed.

I hardly doubt he believes half the crap he says...