Beer
(05-17-2009, 10:52 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: I'm convinced Angels drink German brew.

Only when they want something other than Belgian ales.  ;D

*sips some Guinness 250*
(05-17-2009, 10:52 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: I've never found beer to be an aquired taste....maybe its an American thing. But then again my Dad was letting me take sips of his beer since I was a young'un. But then again I always enjoyed it.
We Canadians take a lot of pride in our beer..I bartended a banquet last night and a man from Chicago asked for, "a light beer"
I offered him Budweiser (utter filth in my opinion) or Canadian (not amazing, but lovely none the less) and he said, "thats not light at all!"

I had to restrain myself from laughing.  :pazzo:

I had Rolling Rock when I was in California. I could have just drank tap water and saved myself the money...but it was my first time in America.

Belgian Trappist Ales are regularly rated #1 in the world...including ones mad in Quebec, such as Maudite, Don de Die, Le Fin du Monde, etc.
All of them are delicious, and quite unlike most beer you find at your regular neighbourhood North American bar.

Kroeneburg 1664 is beautiful. From France. And available ON TAP in French McDonald's. How wonderful is that?

Pretty much anything from Germany is amazing. I'm convinced Angels drink German brew.

Kroeneburg...............bleurrrrrrrghhhhhhhh Yuck, that stuff is manky

Dont trust the French, good rule of thumb in life
(05-17-2009, 10:52 PM)LausTibiChriste Wrote: I've never found beer to be an aquired taste....maybe its an American thing. But then again my Dad was letting me take sips of his beer since I was a young'un. But then again I always enjoyed it.

Same thing for me. As a kid, my old man would let me sip on his beers, so by the time I was allowed to drink, I was ready  :laughing:

Quote:Belgian Trappist Ales are regularly rated #1 in the world...including ones mad in Quebec, such as Maudite, Don de Die, Le Fin du Monde, etc.
All of them are delicious, and quite unlike most beer you find at your regular neighbourhood North American bar.

I agree with this. Some of the beer that Unibroue puts out is the best that I have had. The only thing that I did not like of their's was La Terrible ale. It lived up to its name.
Speaking of beer..........have any of you ever heard that parody of the "Do Re Mi" song from The Sound Of Music ? I heard it for the first time at a friend's wedding. It goes thusly:

"Dough -the stuff that buys me beer
Ray -the guy who sells me beer
Me -the  guy who drinks the beer
Far -the distance to my beer

So -I think, I'll have a beer
La - la la la la la beer!
Tea? No thanks, I'll have a beer.
And that brings us back to dough!

When you know the beers to drink......
You can drink and never think!! "

My husband is the beer drinker in our family. Unfortunately, I can't stand the stuff.....I do like mixed drinks though;)
(05-17-2009, 02:10 PM)Vetus Ordo Wrote: I love them all, I confess.

ditto
[Image: shlitz.jpg]

Beer is bourgeois.
Did you hear about the man who fell into a vat of beer?

He was sadder Budweiser.  :P
(05-18-2009, 09:35 PM)Melita Wrote: Beer is bourgeois.

By "bourgeois", do you mean "marvelous"?  Because I agree.
I find that the light beers are good for the new beer-drinkers.  Try a domestic light beer like Miller Light or Bud Light (but stay awar from Coors Light at all cost).  Corona is good for beginners, too, because it has nice flavor but won't gag the newbie.

(02-11-2009, 01:24 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I'm afraid that your manliness is in serious jeopardy if you drink White Zin or Boone's Farm-- Reisling has no gender (but isn't the thing you can slam all night long).

I hope this is a joke.  In my opinion, we men can drink whatever wine we like.  For example, I like the wines that taste like fruit juice, and no one would....let me re-phrase....no one should question my masculinity.

(02-11-2009, 01:24 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: There are beers that are masculine and are easy on a new drinker. 

I think that all men who drink alcohol should learn to like a masculine drink.  Not like drinking E85 or anything, but stuff that isn't candy sweet. 

I think that men who drink alcohol should be allowed to drink what they like, not forced to like what others think they should drink.  I like a good strawberry daquiri.  ;)  That having been said, my wife's cousin went to Mexico on his honeymoon, and a waiter refused to bring him a certain drink because he said it was a woman's drink.  So the wife ordered it and he drank it anyway.
(05-19-2009, 10:13 AM)IrishCowboy Wrote: I find that the light beers are good for the new beer-drinkers.  Try a domestic light beer like Miller Light or Bud Light (but stay awar from Coors Light at all cost).  Corona is good for beginners, too, because it has nice flavor but won't gag the newbie.

(02-11-2009, 01:24 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: I'm afraid that your manliness is in serious jeopardy if you drink White Zin or Boone's Farm-- Reisling has no gender (but isn't the thing you can slam all night long).

I hope this is a joke.  In my opinion, we men can drink whatever wine we like.  For example, I like the wines that taste like fruit juice, and no one would....let me re-phrase....no one should question my masculinity.

It is not a joke.  And you drink girly wine.  Exceptions can be made for children, I suppose.  Perhaps you are 15 years old?

IrishCowboy Wrote:
(02-11-2009, 01:24 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote: There are beers that are masculine and are easy on a new drinker. 

I think that all men who drink alcohol should learn to like a masculine drink.  Not like drinking E85 or anything, but stuff that isn't candy sweet. 

I think that men who drink alcohol should be allowed to drink what they like, not forced to like what others think they should drink.  I like a good strawberry daquiri.  ;)  That having been said, my wife's cousin went to Mexico on his honeymoon, and a waiter refused to bring him a certain drink because he said it was a woman's drink.  So the wife ordered it and he drank it anyway.

Men can drink strawberry daquris.  When they are either on a beach during a vacation-- or while staying at the chancery with Abp. Weakland.

Men should drink appropriately.  It's like the women-in-pants argument, except for dudes.