Beer
I'm with WRC on this one.
Saying it tastes good is like a woman saying pants are comfortable.
Beer tastes good. And is manly.
Red wine tastes good. And is manly..and sophisticated.
Chartreuse is manly. And holy. And tasty
Amaretto. Is not manly.
White wine. Girly. 100%. Unless you're a celiac, and a German or Austrian and want to be patriotic. Then its ok. But ONLY those two countries. They have the best labels on their bottles.

I've said what I've needed to.

PS. Best wine ever right here:

[Image: winevine3_a.jpg]

Its delicious, smooth, and the packaging is oh-so-bad-ass. Plus its French.

Enjoy.
There is nothing intrinsically girlie about white wine.  What makes it so?  These are personal opinions to which you're fully entitled, but cannot be offered as fact.  Strawberry daquiris do not make one fruity.  These are my opinions, to which I'm also fully entitled.

There is no comparison between men drinking alcoholic beverages of their choosing and women wearing pants.  Let's let that one go.

I like domestic light beers, fruit-based mixed drinks, and, occasionally, a glass of wine, regardless of the type of grape from which it came.  So sue me.

PS  They make white altar wine, and it's been used by traditional priests for whom I've served mass in the past 10 years.  What conclusion shall we draw from this?
(05-19-2009, 05:59 PM)IrishCowboy Wrote: There is nothing intrinsically girlie about white wine.  What makes it so?  These are personal opinions to which you're fully entitled, but cannot be offered as fact.  Strawberry daquiris do not make one fruity.  These are my opinions, to which I'm also fully entitled.

There is no comparison between men drinking alcoholic beverages of their choosing and women wearing pants.  Let's let that one go.

I like domestic light beers, fruit-based mixed drinks, and, occasionally, a glass of wine, regardless of the type of grape from which it came.  So sue me.

PS  They make white altar wine, and it's been used by traditional priests for whom I've served mass in the past 10 years.  What conclusion shall we draw from this?

To quote DrBombay- Beer!

Now, please continue...
(05-19-2009, 05:59 PM)IrishCowboy Wrote: There is nothing intrinsically girlie about white wine.  What makes it so?  These are personal opinions to which you're fully entitled, but cannot be offered as fact. 

Agreed.  White wine is gender-neutral and is more indicative of what food accompanies th your wine.  'Tis a shame really.  People who say that white wine is for the ladies clearly have no understanding of the 'vint.

Quote:Strawberry daquiris do not make one fruity.  These are my opinions, to which I'm also fully entitled.

Agreed again.  Everyone has the right to be wrong.  The Lord gave us all the freedom to err.

IrishCowboy Wrote:There is no comparison between men drinking alcoholic beverages of their choosing and women wearing pants.  Let's let that one go.

:pointlaff:

IrishCowboy Wrote:I like domestic light beers, fruit-based mixed drinks, and, occasionally, a glass of wine, regardless of the type of grape from which it came.  So sue me.

I agree with your appreciation of domestic light beers.  They certainly have their place.  Indeed, the noble lager is much maligned by faux snobs who willingly buy into the dark=better fallacy that has perpetuated many a substandard ale's high sales.  I actually wrote about this before on the other, older beer thread (http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg30039812)
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:It's one of my all-time favoritest beers ever.  But I'm a bit of a lagerophile.  I appreciate a number of styles of beer, but I think that a good pilsner really shows off a brewer's skill.  There's just so much that is transparent about pilsner beers; the roast of the barley is so delicate, the water imparts so much taste to the final beer (consider how Iron City-- and it's more popular retarded brother, Rolling Rock-- has a hint of iron or metal in the brew.  It's in the water, so it manifests itself in the final product).

So many craft brewers just dump in a bunch of hops to their ales, covering up otherwise uninspiring ales.  And numb-headed faux-snobs think that just because a beer is brown, it's going to be good.  Hooey!  It's plain old trickery that people jump for at first chance.

But why are there so few craft-brewed lagers?  Because it's hard.  The temperature for brewing is so precious, the time it takes is agonizingly long and any shortcuts show up immediately in the beer.

But I digress.  Schlitz is a great old American beer.  There are a number of great American brews that never had the advertising dollars to compete with the Anheuser machine-- so there's a whole generation that thinks American Beer is Bud Light.  Tis' a pity, really.

Viva pilsner!
(05-18-2009, 09:35 PM)Melita Wrote: [Image: shlitz.jpg]

Beer is bourgeois.

Yay for Schlitz.

The beer that made Milwaukee famous!  :-D
(05-20-2009, 09:14 AM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(05-19-2009, 05:59 PM)IrishCowboy Wrote: There is nothing intrinsically girlie about white wine.  What makes it so?  These are personal opinions to which you're fully entitled, but cannot be offered as fact. 

Agreed.  White wine is gender-neutral and is more indicative of what food accompanies th your wine.  'Tis a shame really.  People who say that white wine is for the ladies clearly have no understanding of the 'vint.

Quote:Strawberry daquiris do not make one fruity.  These are my opinions, to which I'm also fully entitled.

Agreed again.  Everyone has the right to be wrong.  The Lord gave us all the freedom to err.

IrishCowboy Wrote:There is no comparison between men drinking alcoholic beverages of their choosing and women wearing pants.  Let's let that one go.

:pointlaff:

IrishCowboy Wrote:I like domestic light beers, fruit-based mixed drinks, and, occasionally, a glass of wine, regardless of the type of grape from which it came.  So sue me.

I agree with your appreciation of domestic light beers.  They certainly have their place.  Indeed, the noble lager is much maligned by faux snobs who willingly buy into the dark=better fallacy that has perpetuated many a substandard ale's high sales.  I actually wrote about this before on the other, older beer thread (http://catholicforum.fisheaters.com/inde...sg30039812)
WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:It's one of my all-time favoritest beers ever.  But I'm a bit of a lagerophile.  I appreciate a number of styles of beer, but I think that a good pilsner really shows off a brewer's skill.  There's just so much that is transparent about pilsner beers; the roast of the barley is so delicate, the water imparts so much taste to the final beer (consider how Iron City-- and it's more popular retarded brother, Rolling Rock-- has a hint of iron or metal in the brew.  It's in the water, so it manifests itself in the final product).

So many craft brewers just dump in a bunch of hops to their ales, covering up otherwise uninspiring ales.  And numb-headed faux-snobs think that just because a beer is brown, it's going to be good.  Hooey!  It's plain old trickery that people jump for at first chance.

But why are there so few craft-brewed lagers?  Because it's hard.  The temperature for brewing is so precious, the time it takes is agonizingly long and any shortcuts show up immediately in the beer.

But I digress.  Schlitz is a great old American beer.  There are a number of great American brews that never had the advertising dollars to compete with the Anheuser machine-- so there's a whole generation that thinks American Beer is Bud Light.  Tis' a pity, really.

Viva pilsner!

I had the new-old Schlitz (lol, the '60s formula), and I was pleasantly surprised.  Once I'm back in the States, it'll definitely be a staple.  :-D
I know this is the men's forum but I want to chime in with...

Wine that tastes like fruit juice?  Like wine coolers or Arbor mist? Man, that's bad.  That is something you drink when all else has failed and you are possibly too inebriated to care what others think of you. You might as well drink Mad Dog or Night Train.

Daiquiris and Pina Coladas are totally gay.  The only time a man is allowed to drink them is if he is in a tropical locale or if he is trying to be ironic.  Or if you are a Mexican man and obviously don't know any better (Mexicans like almost ALL their drinks to be super sweet.)

White wine, however, is neutral.  There are many foods that are better suited for white wines.  It also avoids that Chow Chow tongue effect you get after having a couple glasses of red (Okay, maybe only women care about that.)

Amaretto?  My first instinct is to say that it is neutral but then I remembered an old boyfriend of mine that preferred amaretto as his drink of choice.  He was 300 lbs and looked like a lumberjack but he had to be the gayest straight guy I ever met in my life.  He wore an anklet; 'nuf said.  Verdict:  Amaretto is gay.  Unless you are having it as dessert with a cigar.

(05-18-2009, 09:35 PM)Melita Wrote: Beer is bourgeois.

Beer is clearly proletarian (or "blue-collar", as Catholic777 would have put it), except for monastic beer. I waited until I was eighteen to have a half-pint of beer, and I do not understand what all the fuss is about. It is a last-resort beverage if there is no wine/champagne. In fact, I would rather drink water. :laughing: :tomatoes:

Oh, and white wine is not girly, what's up with that? Or do you have red wine with your fish? ???
(05-20-2009, 12:28 PM)Paloma Wrote: I know this is the men's forum but I want to chime in with...

Wine that tastes like fruit juice?  Like wine coolers or Arbor mist? Man, that's bad.  That is something you drink when all else has failed and you are possibly too inebriated to care what others think of you. You might as well drink Mad Dog or Night Train.

Daiquiris and Pina Coladas are totally gay.  The only time a man is allowed to drink them is if he is in a tropical locale or if he is trying to be ironic.  Or if you are a Mexican man and obviously don't know any better (Mexicans like almost ALL their drinks to be super sweet.)

White wine, however, is neutral.  There are many foods that are better suited for white wines.  It also avoids that Chow Chow tongue effect you get after having a couple glasses of red (Okay, maybe only women care about that.)

Amaretto?  My first instinct is to say that it is neutral but then I remembered an old boyfriend of mine that preferred amaretto as his drink of choice.  He was 300 lbs and looked like a lumberjack but he had to be the gayest straight guy I ever met in my life.  He wore an anklet; 'nuf said.  Verdict:  Amaretto is gay.  Unless you are having it as dessert with a cigar.

psst! It's not in the men's forum.
(05-20-2009, 12:38 PM)WhollyRoaminCatholic Wrote:
(05-20-2009, 12:28 PM)Paloma Wrote: I know this is the men's forum but I want to chime in with...

psst! It's not in the men's forum.

So it would seem...

:laughing: