Beer
(05-25-2009, 09:47 PM)Mhoram Wrote: I've never acquired much of a taste for beer.  It's mostly something to do with my hands while standing around chatting with a group of guys, and the bars around here have lots of dollar-beer nights.  I can't drink the flavorful beers (too many carbs), and the light beers all taste like bitter water.  A lot of times I just drink water, and throw the bartender a healthy tip so she won't think I'm just being cheap.  Water usually comes in a smaller glass than anything else for some reason, so I need lots of refills.

I've tried to develop a taste for wine, since that's what cultured people drink, but it's just spoiled grape juice to me.  I've learned that I prefer the dry spoiled grape juice to the sweet spoiled grape juice, for what it's worth.  But most of our wine goes to deglazing a pan before making gravy.

You can't go wrong with vodka.  Vodka martini if you're in a nice place; "vodka rocks" in the bars around here where you'd look a little precious holding a martini glass (if they have any).

Don't fall for any of that 'cultured-people-do-this' nonsense; it's a lever that progessives and atheists use to get Catholics to be ashamed of themselves.

You like what you like.  End of story, no need to apologize!

I live in wine country and happen to like wine and beer both.  But much of the time, I stick with beer, because there aren't enough folks around to finish a bottle of wine.  :laughing:
I like Coors Light myself. As for mixed drinks I think my favorite is Rum(specifically Capt. Morgan)& Coke. I don't drink much or often, but when I do, beer isn't my beverage of choice.
(07-21-2009, 01:28 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: I like Coors Light myself. As for mixed drinks I think my favorite is Rum(specifically Capt. Morgan)& Coke. I don't drink much or often, but when I do, beer isn't my beverage of choice.

That's probably because you're drinking Coors Light.
(07-28-2009, 07:50 PM)Walty Wrote:
(07-21-2009, 01:28 PM)Matthew_R Wrote: I like Coors Light myself. As for mixed drinks I think my favorite is Rum(specifically Capt. Morgan)& Coke. I don't drink much or often, but when I do, beer isn't my beverage of choice.

That's probably because you're drinking Coors Light.

Probably, I have had better beer, just not lately
Better beer is better than bitter beer.  Just sayin.
(07-28-2009, 07:57 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Better beer is better than bitter beer.  Just sayin.

What's bitter beer to you Mumbai?
(07-28-2009, 09:09 PM)Walty Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 07:57 PM)DrBombay Wrote: Better beer is better than bitter beer.  Just sayin.

Guinness, Corona, Sam Adams.  That type of crap.
(07-28-2009, 09:27 PM)DrBombay Wrote:
(07-28-2009, 09:09 PM)Walty Wrote:

Guinness, Corona, Sam Adams.  That type of crap.

Corona is disgusting, but it's a light beer, hardly bitter.

How could you not like Guinness?  Maybe if you took it easy on those wine coolers and raspberry martinis it wouldn't be so bad.
For my eighteenth birthday, my eldest sister took me to the pub and bought me a half-pint of Guinness.

:puke:

One might as well put a bar of soap in one's mouth.
(07-28-2009, 09:37 PM)veritatem_dilexisti Wrote: For my eighteenth birthday, my eldest sister took me to the pub and bought me a half-pint of Guinness.

:puke:

One might as well put a bar of soap in one's mouth.

Mon Ami,

I'm sorry I suggested it! Mea culpa!