tsk tsk
Come on people...a little more "Catholic" on this Catholic Forum? Where is the charity? I don't believe in the Zionist propagand surrounding the so-called "Holocaust"- but that doesn't change the fact that 300.000 people were murdered!

"God forbid that the children of the Catholic Church should even in any way be unfriendly to those who are not at all united to us by the same bonds of faith and love."

-Bl. Pius IX, Quanto Conficiamur Moerore

My favourite part of the New Testament:

Quote: 1 If I speak with the tongues of men, and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And if I should have prophecy and should know all mysteries, and all knowledge, and if I should have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And if I should distribute all my goods to feed the poor, and if I should deliver my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 4 Charity is patient, is kind: charity envieth not, dealeth not perversely; is not puffed up; 5 Is not ambitious, seeketh not her own, is not provoked to anger, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth with the truth; 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8 Charity never falleth away: whether prophecies shall be made void, or tongues shall cease, or knowledge shall be destroyed. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child. But, when I became a man, I put away the things of a child. 12 We see now through a glass in a dark manner; but then face to face. Now I know I part; but then I shall know even as I am known. 13 And now there remain faith, hope, and charity, these three: but the greatest of these is charity.

The victims of the Nazis are not ever called into question, but political and other claims about them by people afterwords.

Define "charity," please.
CollegeCatholic Wrote:Define "charity," please.

Real Catholic charity- not the feel good CAF version- but true Christian charity.

EDIT: It cannot hurt to be "nice" once in a while.
As long as charity is not mistaken for weakness in the face of error and sin, then it's fine.
Bonifacio Wrote:As long as charity is not mistaken for weakness in the face of error and sin, then it's fine.

Then let's seem some, eh?
Rex_Tremendae Wrote:Then let's seem some, eh?

I don't think there's any lack of charity in this forum. Perhaps there might be some misdirected "charity" some times, but never lack of it.
I have heard the enemies of the Church also claim that we waaaay overestimate the number of early Christian martyrs who died in the Colosseum. Although I'm not aware that the Church ever insisted on an exact number, the claim is nevertheless insulting to Catholics, and to the many martyrs who gave their lives for the faith. Even if one was lost, it was one too many. 

The same enemies exaggerate the numbers who died in the Inquisition and the Crusades. My point is: when we're out to get someone because we're already prejudiced to begin with, we humans have a bad habit of minimizing other peoples' sufferings and maximizing our own..  OR maximizing the sufferings caused by others, and minimizing our own. Arguing over numbers is sickening, and I don't care who does it - Christians or Jews. 

- Lisa
Eh, of what are we talking?

You can't sling some Bible verses around and have no object, that is not charitable!  I don't recall any uncharitable discussion about this Holocaust<style>Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} </style>
[-]
  •
Scipio_a Wrote:Eh, of what are we talking?

Off topic, but nice work on the grammar.  [Image: waytogo.gif]