Econe seminarians killed in avalanche
A post at Angelqueen is reporting that three seminarians from the SSPX seminary at Econe were killed in an avalanche, while another is in serious condition.

If anyone finds any news links for this, please post them.
We got one here also: http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/...id=3294661
As you can see with the time marker, mine was one minute ahead ;)
Shocking news! How could this happen? Were they walking in the mountains?

Let's pray for them. [Image: prayer.gif]

Bonifacio Wrote:Shocking news! How could this happen? Were they walking in the mountains?

I am currently searching for news articles to find out. I think the seminary is in the mountains.
http://www.romandie.com/infos/news/polic...784996.asp

French article. Here is the Google translation:

Quote:
Police Valais - Nendaz / dam Cleuson: an avalanche prevails 4 (1 death - 1 injured - 2 persons)

On Wednesday 11 February 2009 at 13h20, an avalanche took 4 hikers with snowshoes in the region of the dam Cleuson.

Seven people, equipped with snowshoes left Siviez to make a hike into the hut St-Laurent. At an altitude of 2200 meters, 4 of them were swept away by an avalanche. The other three, who were not affected by casting, were able to notify the emergency services.

The important device research has been developed has helped locate 2 people. One of them, wounded, was helicopter to hospital in Sion. The second is unfortunately deceased on scene.

The other two hikers have not been located. Research is being actively pursued until 1700. They resumed tomorrow morning.

Dimensions of the avalanche: width 100 meters - length 250 meters. The casting has finished his race in Lake Cleuson.

Walkers are of French nationality. Their identification is underway.

Resources committed doctors - 3 helicopters of Air Glaciers - guides - drivers dog school Swiss skiing in Nendaz - column relief - Municipal Police - Fire - Police cantonale.

While the article has yet to identify them, these were the seminarians.
[Image: prayer.gif]
http://www.focus-fen.net/index.php?id=n170571

One dead, two missing after avalanche in Switzerland.

This is about the seminarians. Too sad that not even Le Monde reports that the missing and the dead are seminarians of the Society of St. Pius X (SSPX). Why not? Maybe they do not know yet.
Keep praying for the two missing seminarians.

Sometimes I am angry at God, like a child. But I guess we may also confide that we might have an extra pro-SSPX advocate in heaven now.
Bonifacio Wrote:Shocking news! How could this happen? Were they walking in the mountains?

They were hiking in the mountains. Ecône is near Riddes and Sion in the canton of Valais in Switzerland, amidst famous ski resorts and luxurious winter sport facilities and hotels. The seminary of the Immaculate Heart itself is almost a bit up the mountains, and close to woods and peaks.