To all forum members: Criticism of priests
"The road to Hell is paved with the skulls of bishops."

I wonder what St. John Chrysostom would say about the behavior of the leaders of the flock today. Or what would he say about Israel and the ADL?
Miserere_Nobis Wrote:This should explain it...

http://www.angelqueen.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=105327&highlight=#105327

That is not an approved Church document by some post by some random person. It may be that the person speaks correctly, but I do think the text is important. The person uses St. Paul as an example, but he was not a lay person!

Lay people should not be correcting priests. I have no right to rebuke some people who have fallen from the faith around me, so what do I do? Green scapular and prayer. That is not only the only thing I can do, it is the best thing I can do.
LaRoza Wrote:Lay people should not be correcting priests. I have no right to rebuke some people who have fallen from the faith around me, so what do I do? Green scapular and prayer. That is not only the only thing I can do, it is the best thing I can do.

When priests become publicly infamous like Lehmann and Kasper (and many others), then it is not a matter of not knowing one's place.

Telemaque Wrote:
LaRoza Wrote:Lay people should not be correcting priests. I have no right to rebuke some people who have fallen from the faith around me, so what do I do? Green scapular and prayer. That is not only the only thing I can do, it is the best thing I can do.

When priests become publicly infamous like Lehmann and Kasper (and many others), then it is not a matter of not knowing one's place.

Why? History if full of people who rebuked people above them instead of praying and it has all lead to schisms and heresies. Luther say problems in the Church and instead of stopping at fixing them and praying, he elevated himself above the Church and has caused many to go astray.

The Pope will handle those Cardinals, we will pray for the Pope and the cardinals and all priests.

And that is precisely to which I was referring. What was gained by maligning the names of those two people? Could you not speak truth and condemn heresy without judging individuals?

LaRoza Wrote:Why? History if full of people who rebuked people above them instead of praying and it has all lead to schisms and heresies. Luther say problems in the Church and instead of stopping at fixing them and praying, he elevated himself above the Church and has caused many to go astray.

A Cardinal who cooperates with a state abortion certification must be regarded as a criminal traitor.

This is not a matter of "lack of charity" or of not knowing one's place. These are not ordinary circumstances. Good Catholics must let other Catholics know the facts about these men.
Telemaque Wrote:A Cardinal who cooperates with a state abortion certification must be regarded as a criminal traitor.
And will be by those who are in authority (God and his superiors for instance). Are you in such a position?

Quote:This is not a matter of "lack of charity" or of not knowing one's place. These are not ordinary circumstances. Good Catholics must let other Catholics know the facts about these men.

They aren't ordinary? So praying is for ordinary problems, and not big ones?
LaRoza Wrote:
Telemaque Wrote:A Cardinal who cooperates with a state abortion certification must be regarded as a criminal traitor.
And will be by those who are in authority (God and his superiors for instance). Are you in such a position?

An enlisted man is not to question his officer or criticize him, but if the officer is committing treason then the enlisted man has a duty to tell his other soldiers not to follow him. He must not remain silent because it is not proper to criticize or question the officer. Espousing flagrant heresies, collaborating with abortion is treason.

Quote:They aren't ordinary? So praying is for ordinary problems, and not big ones?

I did not say someone shouldn't pray. I said that one cannot presume good faith in such instances.
Telemaque Wrote:An enlisted man is not to question his officer or criticize him, but if the officer is committing treason then the enlisted man has a duty to tell his other soldiers not to follow him. He must not remain silent because it is not proper to criticize or question the officer. Espousing flagrant heresies, collaborating with abortion is treason.

Report the instance of theological treason to God, as it was written. There is no use gossiping about it with humans.

Quote:I did not say someone shouldn't pray. I said that one cannot presume good faith in such instances.

There is no good faith here, even in outright heresy, it is not our place.
LaRoza Wrote:Report the instance of theological treason to God, as it was written. There is no use gossiping about it with humans.

You are wrong. It is our duty to prevent others from being led astray by traitors.

Quote:There is no good faith here, even in outright heresy, it is not our place.

If they are teaching flagrant error and are not being corrected then it is our place. Otherwise, as I said above, we are allowing others to be led astray.
Telemaque Wrote:You are wrong. It is our duty to prevent others from being led astray by traitors.
I am right. I never said it wasn't our duty to do that. Condemn the heresy and preach the truth. Pray for those who do otherwise that they may change, and pray for those who do that so they may continue.

Quote:If they are teaching flagrant error and are not being corrected then it is our place. Otherwise, as I said above, we are allowing others to be led astray.

If they are teaching heresy, teach truth.