To all forum members: Criticism of priests
LaRoza Wrote:If they are teaching heresy, teach truth.

And spank him.
LaRoza Wrote:I am right. I never said it wasn't our duty to do that. Condemn the heresy and preach the truth.

Who will they consider an authority? A layman or a Cardinal? If a Cardinal has betrayed his office then he must be marked as a traitor so true Catholics will know better than to listen.
Happyandgrateful Wrote:I understand that we should respect the dignity of the priesthood and criticizing priests can give scandal; however, in these times we live, some priests are apostate and endangering the laity with their ideas.  They should be openly challenged to protect the faith and souls of the faithful. The example you gave is also a private revelation. 

A couple of examples:
1)I know of an NO church goer whose priest told her that it was okay to vote for FOCA, and that it wouldn't lead to increased abortions. They had a mass at that parish thanking God for the election of Barack Obama.
2)When I attended the NO, a priest told me that my pet guinea pig would go to Heaven, and that he had a soul.
3) It seems that some priests are supporting gay marriages and "solemnizing" them in their "gay" parishes; some are openly "gay."
4) There are those who openly support female priests.
5) Some priests seem to believe that Catholicism is another Christian "denomination" and see no difference between the doctrine of the Catholic Church and other Protestant ones.

We could go on and on.  From a traditional perspective, one should see why any of the previously listed beliefs would be a serious problem, as they show a complete lack of any grasp of orthodox Catholic doctrine.

I must say that I agree with the above statement, after all it was St. Therese of Lisieux who stated (and I quote), "God save us from stupid nuns".

And remember, not everyone is Smrt!!!

[Image: smrtdr9.jpg]
Quote: What I do see is "Cardinal LaRoza is a heretic and I hope he is excommunicated". How many people who say that have prayed for that person with equal fervor as they condemned him? How many have prayed for him at all?

Instead of saying "Father LaRoza is a modernist heretic and Freemason", say modernism" is wrong, state the teachings of the Church in regards to the individual matter at hand and freemasonary and most of all pray for Father LaRoza.

Fair enough.  There does seem to be a significant problem in trad circles with overt comdemnation and a lack of charity -- sometimes, I think it's been linked to the diviseness and those who actually do not want the Church to be unified.

I do think we should address the heterodoxy, even if we're not to condemn or criticize individual priests.
We are nothing compared to even the worst Novus Ordo priest. See my "tsk tsk" thread in this same subforum.
LaRoza Wrote:I noticed this forum has a habit of upholding the teachings of the Church and expressing concern over priests and other religious when they stray from the Church's Tradition.

I've often felt very uncomfortable criticising a priest no matter what they do or say.

So I ask those on this forum to pray instead of accusing a priest of heresy and openly accusing priests of doing wrong in their office. We all can condemn liturgical abuses and heresies without criticising a priest specifically.

Great post LaRoza!

Since I use to work in parish administration (lay business administrator) I enjoy reading church bulletins and web sites.  Since I joined FE almost a year ago, I've added the traditionalist parish genre to my pursual.  Interestingly, last night I was looking at the February 8, 2009 bulletin from St. Gertrude The Great, which had the following prayer on page 3:

Prayer for Lapsed Priests
Divine Saviour Jesus Christ, You are the good shepherd who gives His life for His sheep.  Oh, be in a very special way the Good Shepherd of those poor lost priests who are also appointed by You to be leaders of Your people, but who have broken the oath of their holy ordination and have become unfaithful to their exalted calling.

Bestow upon those porest of the poor the very fullness of that pastoral solicitude with which You so faithfully seek the sheep that are lost!  Touch their hearts with that irresistible ray of grace which emanates from Your all-merciful love!  Enlighten their minds and strengthen their wills, that they may turn away from all sin and error and come back to Your holy altar and to your people. Amen.

There is no notation as to who composed the prayer (perhaps if Fr. Cekada peeks in here, he may enlighten us), but given where I found it, its orthodoxy would seem above reproach.

In the same bulletin also was the following spiritual gem:
Our gentlenes with our neighbors must be carried to extreme, even to foolishness, and we must never retaliate; beleive me, if we lose something by this, Our Lord will make it up elswhere.  St. Francis de Sales
Great thread Laroza. Many seers and Saints have had the same messages from Our Lord, Priests are HIS, and it is our duty to pray for them, not criticize.
This thread brings some refreshing sanity to the oppressive nuttiness of some people on here.
OK, so what if a priest is negligent in his duties? For example, he takes an inordinate amount of personal time to dedicate to his hobby, fails to administer to the needs of his community time and time and time again, breaks the seal of confession, turns away people who are pursuing the Faith(tells them to go to another parish), etc., etc., etc. ? Seriously. Should one just say, "Oh, you know how Fr. So and So is. Whaddya gonna do?"
Heinrich Wrote:OK, so what if a priest is negligent in his duties? For example, he takes an inordinate amount of personal time to dedicate to his hobby, fails to administer to the needs of his community time and time and time again, breaks the seal of confession, turns away people who are pursuing the Faith(tells them to go to another parish), etc., etc., etc. ? Seriously. Should one just say, "Oh, you know how Fr. So and So is. Whaddya gonna do?"

'Tis a silly question, as that is precisely answered in the first post.

Pray to God for the priest.