To all forum members: Criticism of priests
LaRoza Wrote:I noticed this forum has a habit of upholding the teachings of the Church and expressing concern over priests and other religious when they stray from the Church's Tradition.

I've often felt very uncomfortable criticising a priest no matter what they do or say.

So I ask those on this forum to pray instead of accusing a priest of heresy and openly accusing priests of doing wrong in their office. We all can condemn liturgical abuses and heresies without criticising a priest specifically.

Great post LaRoza!

Since I use to work in parish administration (lay business administrator) I enjoy reading church bulletins and web sites.  Since I joined FE almost a year ago, I've added the traditionalist parish genre to my pursual.  Interestingly, last night I was looking at the February 8, 2009 bulletin from St. Gertrude The Great, which had the following prayer on page 3:

<b>Prayer for Lapsed Priests</b>
Divine Saviour Jesus Christ, You are the good shepherd who gives His life for His sheep.  Oh, be in a very special way the Good Shepherd of those poor lost priests who are also appointed by You to be leaders of Your people, but who have broken the oath of their holy ordination and have become unfaithful to their exalted calling.

Bestow upon those porest of the poor the very fullness of that pastoral solicitude with which You so faithfully seek the sheep that are lost!  Touch their hearts with that irresistible ray of grace which emanates from Your all-merciful love!  Enlighten their minds and strengthen their wills, that they may turn away from all sin and error and come back to Your holy altar and to your people. Amen.

There is no notation as to who composed the prayer (perhaps if Fr. Cekada peeks in here, he may enlighten us), but given where I found it, its orthodoxy would seem above reproach.

In the same bulletin also was the following spiritual gem:
Our gentlenes with our neighbors must be carried to extreme, even to foolishness, and we must never retaliate; beleive me, if we lose something by this, Our Lord will make it up elswhere.  St. Francis de Sales

Messages In This Thread
To all forum members: Criticism of priests - by moneil - 02-12-2009, 06:32 PM