Orthodox go on Absurd rant about Catholics, much like Fundy's
didishroom Wrote:Now they have Orthodox Sedes and even Western-Rite Orthodox; they are minorities much like our Eastern-Rite Catholics. Almost funny if it weren't so sad.  

In Texas, there are arguably almost as many Latin Masses offered by Western Orthodox priests as there are by priests in communion with the Pope. Maybe even more. There's a ROCOR mission in Austin that used to have public "divine liturgies of St. Gregory", and they even used the Sarum Missal for a time.
It's funny that someone should mention how similar the trad orthodox are to Trad Catholics.  I was involved in Orthodoxy (ROCOR) for about two years before returning to the Church and investigating tradition.  It also truck me as to how similar a lot of trads (at least groups of trads such as Sedes) are to the trad Orthodox.  You have groups who go into schism and mutually anathematize each other over the most minor semantics.  There are so many different competing versions of traditional orthodoxy, each adhering to what it believes to be absolutely "essential" to their faith.

I'm not trying to be a relativist or indifferent to the Catholic faith but the similarities within the two movements struck me (at least from a secular perspective).  I'm pretty sure that the same sort of divisions and semantics exist within the trad movements of all world religions as well.

Luckily my experience with Orthodoxy was not tainted as much by these "fringe" types (many of whom were converts from fundie prot denominations).  I went to an old time ethnic parish whose priest railed on against "crazy converts" from evangelical sects who were out to wreck the old time, ethnic orthodoxy that had existed in the USA for many generations (the priest surprisingly was a convert himself, from the Jesuits no less).

Bob
The "Archbishop Ambrose (Moran-Dolgorouky)" mentioned in one of the posts now seems to be saying Mass for Fr Pfeiffer's SSPX-MC "Resistance" group. On at least one Traditionalist forum questions are being asked on whether this person is in fact a priest, let alone an archbishop.
(10-28-2015, 03:49 AM)francisco Wrote: The "Archbishop Ambrose (Moran-Dolgorouky)" mentioned in one of the posts now seems to be saying Mass for Fr Pfeiffer's SSPX-MC "Resistance" group. On at least one Traditionalist forum questions are being asked on whether this person is in fact a priest, let alone an archbishop.

Just read that this Archbishop Moran is right now in Boston,KY in what is being called in some Trad circles as "Pfeifferville"

http://30daysintheseminary.blogspot.com/