Divine office
Credo Wrote:No offense to S. Louis, but it's objective that liturgical prayer is superior to private devotions.

Why is that objectively true. I read your post above, but who else thinks this way? I'm not disagreeing; just want to reconcile these two lines of thinking with something a bit more authoritative.
actiofidei Wrote:Why is that objectively true. I read your post above, but who else thinks this way? I'm not disagreeing; just want to reconcile these two lines of thinking with something a bit more authoritative.

I'm a little busy with University right now, give me a few days to get some sources for you.
actiofidei Wrote:Why is that objectively true. I read your post above, but who else thinks this way? I'm not disagreeing; just want to reconcile these two lines of thinking with something a bit more authoritative.

I do. How much more authority do you need? [Image: waytogo.gif]
Upon further consideration I would like to write an essay on this subject. With the time constraints I have and time needed to cull sources, it should be done by the end of Lent. Stay tuned.
Credo Wrote:Upon further consideration I would like to write an essay on this subject. With the time constraints I have and time needed to cull sources, it should be done by the end of Lent. Stay tuned.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to it.